Share a helpful hint with others

Daghis

Many of us have cruised before (some quite extensively!) and, as such, we Cruise Critic members have become the ultimate font of knowledge. On another forum that I frequent, we refer to this shared knowledge as the SOAK (Source Of All Knowledge).

I thought that perhaps a thread where each of us who has experienced something in the past and can share it as a tip to others for their future cruise might be useful, or at least perhaps entertaining.

Here's my tip...

We had purchased a wine package during our last cruise. One evening, we decided that we were going to eat at Johnny Rockets for dinner, but wanted our bottle of wine for enjoyment later in the evening at the Schooner Bar. We stopped by the main dining room and asked for a bottle from our package. They got the bottle for us and we took it to the Schooner Bar and asked them to hold it for us until later. They put our name on the bottle (actually on a napkin that they hung on the neck of the bottle) and kept it chilled while we enjoyed our dinner at Johnny Rockets. After that evening's show, we went back to the Schooner Bar and enjoyed our wine.

Great topic.....let me think...

I take a small, battery operated, light up alarm clock so i know what time it is in my cabin...the cell phone goes in the safe, and the clock on the phone is small and hard to read, especially in the dark.

I think i got mine at target for under $10. It lives in my suitcase too!

Most ships...Freedom class and under I believe, have free use of the sauna/steam rooms in the spa!! Very nice and the lockeroom at the spa is free to use afterwards it has towels and LARGE showers. Very nice for some morning me time!

Schedule a specialty dining lunch on embarkation day on Oasis and Allure. You will avoid the crowds in the "free" venues, and get table service. Most people avoid them on the first day because they want to explore these big ships, but that's what everyone is doing and youll have 3 full sea days to explore them. You can explore and get photos on embarkation day during the regular dinner time, when everyone else is at dinner. You can explore with fewer crowds and have a bite at the WJ or other free venue when they aren't as crowded.

In other words, switch it up, do dinner at lunchtime and lunch at dinnertime.You will be running opposite the crowds all day:D After day 1 everyone is spread out at all kinds of activities and venues and you won't notice the crowds.

Archived