BRAZIL VISA via Los Angeles Consulate?

beehive273

Am leaving on Dec. 2 cruise from Malaga to Rio. Has anyone used the Brazilian consulate in L.A. in person to secure their visas? Azamara is booking our air and I am concerned about getting the flight info in ample time to secure our visas being that Thanksgiving holidays are in the time frame. We live in So. Cal. so prefer not to use a service. Anyone have some advice for us? thanks

Yes we did the beginning of this year when took the Journey from Rio to Miami . You fill the application form out on line, make an appointment at the LA embassy It takes about 15 minutes The cost is $ 140 and is valid for 10 years. It takes about 5 days and you can pick them up They won't send it to your home and anybody can pick it up for you as long as you have the receipt. Hope this helps.

Did you have to have the flight numbers in order to secure the visa in L.A.? Or would a cruise itinerary be enough? I am worried we won't have enough time to get the visa if we don't get the flight numbers from Azamara 2 weeks before the cruise and the T-giving holidays are involved.. thanks for the help.

Did you have to have the flight numbers in order to secure the visa in L.A.? Or would a cruise itinerary be enough? I am worried we won't have enough time to get the visa if we don't get the flight numbers from Azamara 2 weeks before the cruise and the T-giving holidays are involved.. thanks for the help.

As best as I can tell, the rules appear to be different for the different Brazilian consulates. Here are two links that may help. The first explains how you must apply for your Brazilian visa in Los Angeles. The second lists the documents required by the Los Angeles consulate to be in your application package.

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visas.xml

http://losangeles.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourism_visa.xml

The consulate in Boston gave an email address to which you could write with questions. I haven't been able to find such an address for the Los Angeles consulate. Good luck.

Oh...we did have our flight arrangements and final payment confirmations from both Azamara and our travel agent.

Thanks so much for the info! It is all very helpful.... I shall contact Azamara and request expedited flight information. Hopefully that may get the process moving along a bit faster. (Hope springs eternal!)

Not sure if they are all the same as others have stated, but in Miami they only wanted our cruise information...we did expedited and received in 2 weeks...used a service in Washington, DC

Dwight

Not sure if they are all the same as others have stated, but in Miami they only wanted our cruise information...we did expedited and received in 2 weeks...used a service in Washington, DC

Dwight

We were required to have a copy of a driver's license or electric bill to show we lived in the geographic area served by the Boston consulate, and a bank or credit card statement to show we could cover expenses in Brazil. We dropped off the material with an addressed priority mail envelope and a tracking slip, and they mailed the passports--with visas--back to us in three days. It looked to me like Los Angeles requires you to go in person and to have an appointment. Glad I'm in the Boston consulate's area of service.:p

We were required to have a copy of a driver's license or electric bill to show we lived in the geographic area served by the Boston consulate, and a bank or credit card statement to show we could cover expenses in Brazil. We dropped off the material with an addressed priority mail envelope and a tracking slip, and they mailed the passports--with visas--back to us in three days. It looked to me like Los Angeles requires you to go in person and to have an appointment. Glad I'm in the Boston consulate's area of service.:p

Yes, we had to include all that also...just not both cruise paperwork and ticket info...I was a little surprised about the financial info..I certainly would not want to move to Rio...i.e. that want to verify you can afford to get home!

I went to the consulate in New York. They asked you to fill out a form on line and then at the consulate all I had to hand it was my passport and that form. I was prepared with travel info - flights, hotels and cruise itinerary but they did not ask for it. They will not mail it and I must return tomorrow ( 1 week later) to pick it up. Anyone can pick it up for you with your receipt.

Hope that helps the east coasters.

Archived