What is your favorite foundation

Uri1961

I used Bare Essentials for a couple of years, but then switched to a true mineral foundation called Mineral Fusion. I have troubled skin and have to be selective with my cosmetics. I found Mineral Fusion at whole foods, but also on Dermstore.com. As of this week, I've been using Tarte foundation and love-love-love it! It's good for your skin and give 12-hours of coverage and is waterproof. ;)

I used Bare Essentials for a couple of years, but then switched to a true mineral foundation called Mineral Fusion. I have troubled skin and have to be selective with my cosmetics. I found Mineral Fusion at whole foods, but also on Dermstore.com. As of this week, I've been using Tarte foundation and love-love-love it! It's good for your skin and give 12-hours of coverage and is waterproof. ;)

I kept reading and reading and so hoped that someone out there loves Tarte as much as I do.

:) Great stuff

Tarte Smooth Operator, I'm an Agent 12. It is a tinted moisturizer that gives me a light coverage with an SPF of 20.

I am an Agent 14.

I use the tinted moisturizer during the summer and the Amazon Clay foundation when I need more coverage.

I also love their pressed powder.

I use their eye shadows as well. I am all about the ingredients and Tarte has good ingredients as well as a good product so for me it's a win win.

Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra for about 8 years now. I have tried their sister brand, L'oreal a few times and couldn't find a formula that lasted all day and didn't make my face shiny. Furthermore, it's difficult to find a foundation that does NOT have an SPF in it - I can't stand SPF in a foundation because it gives a white cast...not noticeable on pale or cooler skin tones, but I only need warm tones.

I wear Clinique and I've tried most of them.

I always wear one that has SPF 15 and now you all got me interested in Bare Essentials (how do you actually spell it, I wonder ;))

Maybe I'll have to try that one next!

Bare Escentuals is the company name they make other health and beauty products as well. Bare Minerals is the name of the mineral foundation (as named on the website and stamped on the makeup cases) and what you'll see the Brick & Mortar shops called (at least the ones here.)

Bare Minerals UPDATE!!

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I have worn BE for probably at least 15 years. I've always been a Medium Beige through the winter and Tan through the summer months (I know, I spend too much time in the sun!). Anyway, I was so excited to see their new Bare Minerals Ready foundation, supposedly the same formula but thought it would be so much easier to travel with so I ordered one in my normal shade of medium beige. I cannot wear it at all, the color is WAY OFF. :( While it looks the same in the container, it has to be at least two shades lighter. :confused: I looked pale and sickly with it on! :eek: I still think it's a great idea, but don't just order your normal shade, go into a BE store or Sephora and take the time to find your correct shade.

By the way, the new application brush they have for the Ready Foundation is amazing. It works as well as the BE kabuki brush (larger size) that I normally use, and I've tried it with the loose bare minerals as well, I just tapped it into the lid instead of the normal swirl and tap.

Bare Minerals UPDATE!!

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I have worn BE for probably at least 15 years. I've always been a Medium Beige through the winter and Tan through the summer months (I know, I spend too much time in the sun!). Anyway, I was so excited to see their new Bare Minerals Ready foundation, supposedly the same formula but thought it would be so much easier to travel with so I ordered one in my normal shade of medium beige. I cannot wear it at all, the color is WAY OFF. :( While it looks the same in the container, it has to be at least two shades lighter. :confused: I looked pale and sickly with it on! :eek: I still think it's a great idea, but don't just order your normal shade, go into a BE store or Sephora and take the time to find your correct shade.

By the way, the new application brush they have for the Ready Foundation is amazing. It works as well as the BE kabuki brush (larger size) that I normally use, and I've tried it with the loose bare minerals as well, I just tapped it into the lid instead of the normal swirl and tap.

Totally agree!!! I could have written your post word for word. Bought it a little over a week ago. Did a small patch test at Ulta with my normal color, Medium Beige. Looked fine. Next day went to use it all over. Way too light. I am taking it back. Thank the good Lord Ulta has a great return policy!!!

Laura Geller Balance & Brighten fan here, too!

This is what I have been using for the last year or so. Before that I used BE loose foundation. I am returning my BE READY and getting another Laura Geller Balance and Brighten. Love the compact, which is why I tried the READY foundation. But the LG looks so much better on me. Not just because the BE shade was too light, just looks better in general. I do still use the BE Mineral Veil. Love that stuff!!!

Archived