Taking infant on IOS

MattyBarlow

Hi All.

I'm wondering if anyone can share their experiences of taking an under 2 year old on Indy or any Freedom class?

My main concern being that the T&C's state that any child still in anppies, even swim nappies, are not allowed in the pool? Has this actually been your experience?

Thanks

There's a small area of the H20 zone that's dedicated for babies in nappies but it's true, babies who are not toilet trained are not allowed in the other pools. On our last cruise one of the pools had to be drained and disinfected due to an "accident" and it was closed for several hours on one of the hottest sea days, which was inconvenient for everyone.

Only in the little dedicated area, the Baby Splash Zone, it's pretty tiny and has maybe a couple of inches of water in it, but then I guess babies dont really need much more space. If you wanted to hold your baby and go through the water spray bits of the rest of the H2O area I'm sure that's fine but they can't sit in the water in case of accidents (even in a swim nappy).

I google and found an image of the H2O zone for you, it's the area right in the front of the picture to the left of the round area http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/d/242919-2/1sxc-MWP+-+2.jpg. There's also a picture here from Liberty of the Seas http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26968818&postcount=4

I was looking for the answer to this as well. I find it interesting that when using swim diapers, you can NOT use the H2o zone. The point of the swim diapers is to keep everything in there, and not leak. I bet I can guess that when the pools close down due to "accidents" those kids are NOT wearing diapers, they are just "potty trained" But, rules are rules, and I am sure my 21 month old will have fun in the little splash area, just would have more if she could walk around with all the spraying fun stuff! :)

While a swimmie will "hold in" solids, water still runs through the swimmie...think of a tea bag....it will let bacteria filter into the water. That's why they're not allowed.

Ship's pools are designed to filter like land-based pools may be. It's unhealthy to put diapered ANYONE in a ship's pool.

Archived