Montreal Airport transportation

We are flying on Air Canada from NYC into Montreal Trudeau airport and head onto Intercontinental Hotel, near Old Montreal. Then we are going on a cruise few days later.

However, we have never flown into Montreal.

My understanding from reading the official Montreal airport website that there are taxis and Limos (car service) with flat rate to Montreal with dispatcher's help.

!. Are there carts to carry our bags? 2 large bags and one small carry on wheeled bag each for me and my mom.

2. At Air Canada where do we find Limos (car service) that is dispatched? Wait in line?

3. Do Limos take credit cards and what kind? Amex, Visa, MC? if not prefer Canadian dollars or willing to take US dollars.

4. How far is the airport to the Intercontinental which is near Old Montreal.

If there are any reasonable and good car service, we will appreciate the names, email addy and info as well.

Any other info we should know?

Thank you!!

Kate

I received this from my hotel when I emailed them to ask a question:

You also mentioned that you are arriving by plane, the hotel can offer to reserve a car pick up service. It is the same flat rate of $50.00 as for a regular taxi.

Difference is you have the driver wait for you inside the airport with a Bonaparte signage and that will help you with your luggage. For a taxi, you will have to lug your luggage around and wait outside in the taxi line up.

If you would like to book this service, please send your flight information ( airline, flight #), we will then transmit your information to the car service company to receive a confirmation.

-----------

I went ahead & took them up on their offer. Seemed very reasonable to me. You might want to check directly with your hotel & see if they can arrange it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We are flying on Air Canada from NYC into Montreal Trudeau airport and head onto Intercontinental Hotel, near Old Montreal. Then we are going on a cruise few days later.

However, we have never flown into Montreal.

My understanding from reading the official Montreal airport website that there are taxis and Limos (car service) with flat rate to Montreal with dispatcher's help.

!. Are there carts to carry our bags? 2 large bags and one small carry on wheeled bag each for me and my mom.

2. At Air Canada where do we find Limos (car service) that is dispatched? Wait in line?

3. Do Limos take credit cards and what kind? Amex, Visa, MC? if not prefer Canadian dollars or willing to take US dollars.

4. How far is the airport to the Intercontinental which is near Old Montreal.

If there are any reasonable and good car service, we will appreciate the names, email addy and info as well.

Any other info we should know?

Thank you!!

Kate

You will clear customs and immigration in Montreal. You hand in your customs declaration and show your passport. Then you pass to the baggage carousel area where there are free carts. As you leave you hand in your customs card at the exit.

Exit the secure area and follow the signs for taxis and limos. There are plenty of taxis. There is a dispatcher.

Most take Visa and MC but not amex. Most take US dollars with a preference for Can $. Any change will be in can$ and the exchange rate should not be as good.

19 km. or 12 miles. Allow 25 minutes to 40 minutes at rush hour.

I believe the fare is a fixed rate of roughly $40. The natives are friendly and everyone that matters is bilingual. Relax and enjoy La Belle Province.

Archived