Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

Here are some pictures from the two formal nights on our Adventure of the Seas cruise on 8/5/07, two weeks ago. This is my first time putting pictures in a reply, so I don't know if they will work. The first one (DSC1090) is me trying to take a picture of myself(!); the second (DSC1086) is an upclose of my top; and the third (DSC1125) is of myself and my friend the second formal night. Our cabin steward took the pic, and it's a little blurry.

DSC01090.jpg.620ce87d6a1a0dd2bf65d8dcc13efb7f.jpg

DSC01086.jpeg.7c4414319b2804f89546270ac352f916.jpeg

DSC01125.jpg.ae04b8f9c6fc4d8d6ddbf019050e1c04.jpg

Star Princess - could not see the photo. Can you try posting again?

Sabba

Oops, sorry ... let me try again. These are my husband's favorite photos that he took on our Star Princess Cruise in January. Same dress ... different looks for each of the two formal nights. :)

100_5895a.jpg.4bdd3d843cb9abde2e44f33bcfbe39e4.jpg

100_6256a.JPG.99bdc831862c20bc3ff432d0dabf632b.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed lots of pics of adults which are very helpful but I wasn't sure what to have my young daughters wear...I decided on this and thought she looked lovely :D

CarnivalLegend1119.jpg

YOUR DD Looks very nice! I think my 7 year old DD say this same dress and told me she wanted this to wear on her cruise (we are going next year!!!)LOL!

This is one of my formal dresses. Although this picture wasn't taken on the cruise it was during our honeymoon in Bermuda.

730710967105_0_ALB1.jpg

This is one of the others I have worn in the past. I don't think I will be wearing this one again though.

carnivalcruiseoct05051-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. I'll pass that on to my wife. It's actually a very simple and easy one to pack. We still enjoy dressing up for formal nights so she's collected a number. Unfortunately we're not cruising for a year or so which means they won't get much use. :( There are more formal pictures from our last cruise at http://www.geocities.com/theklugspage .

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting your formal photos!! This has helped me so much. My immediate family has been discouraging me from "dressing up" on formal nights, but after seeing your photos, I really think it will be fun. I am so excited. One more month, and I'll be having my first formal night on a cruise. Can't wait!!!

After looking at all the pictures, it looks like there are a lot of people wearing short dresses. I am going on a five day cruise to the Caribbean next month. I was planning on wearing a long formal dress but now I am wondering if I will be overdressed. Which are there more of usually, short or long dresses?

After looking at all the pictures, it looks like there are a lot of people wearing short dresses. I am going on a five day cruise to the Caribbean next month. I was planning on wearing a long formal dress but now I am wondering if I will be overdressed. Which are there more of usually, short or long dresses?

I chose a short dress but there were just as many long formal dresses.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s115/Jennifer011874/IMG_3119.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s115/Jennifer011874/IMG_3136.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I like them. I wish I had the body to wear them!! I have to agree about the scales - glad to hear you had those changed. Mind you, I understand why they were there in the first place!! I do have one question, though... was that dress uncomfortable to sit in? I find it very uncomfortable just to have fishnets in shoes... so chainmail under my butt... well...

To those who think these dresses are 'inappropriate' to wear to dinner: As I said, I like these dresses. I may have fewer hangups about the human body (as do the Jedis, I would imagine). I am not saying that it is better or worse to be more or less conservative, but it is indeed a matter of personal taste. As the mother of a 9 year old, I would not be bothered by her seeing either of these dresses.

I think it's funny how upset people can be by visible skin. It's just skin!