Magic & Unlimited Internet

canner2u

btw .. the $39.99 SLOW plan did roll out last week. I was told it was the first week it went live.

It was 50X slower than the fast plan for $99.99 per week.

But it worked ok I heard on tablets and ipads..its only for one device, plus the internet cafe.

Just got off the Magic 9/9-16 sailing. The Internet price was unlimited $39.99 for the week or $9.99 per day. Great deal, good connections and lots of computer hubs throughout the ship. Hope they stick with this plan.

This price i'd pay for...nothing higher. there is nothing that demanding to get me on a computer after staring at one all day at work lol. and the only reason i'd do that would be to connect with adult kids at home or laugh and tease my friends on fb or cc who were not on the cruise with me lol :p

Will the slow $39.99 work everywhere on the Magic & also in your cabins??:confused:

yes, I posted the page I got from the 9/30 sailing on Magic.. but it is wifi, its just 256K, rather than the 50 megabytes or whatever.. which is much much faster speed.

But people were able to play their games with the slow speed.

One guy had it for 2 hours and could not stand how long it took to download and upgraded to the $99.99 plan (which is $29.99 per day).

Its the slow like dial up speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the $99.99 package is on the Breeze by February. If not perhaps I could negotiate with the internet manager to get unlimited on the $159 plan instead of the 480 minutes ...

We're with a large group so it would be sweet (I realize just one device at at time).

Carnival does not block Skype correct?

I hope the $99.99 package is on the Breeze by February. If not perhaps I could negotiate with the internet manager to get unlimited on the $159 plan instead of the 480 minutes ...

We're with a large group so it would be sweet (I realize just one device at at time).

Carnival does not block Skype correct?

I am pretty sure you will not have any luck negotiating.. or my TA would have gotten a better price as he pays hundreds every cruise for internet.

PS you really need the fast speed for skype to work well .. remember this fast speed is only on Magic.... so whatever you get on Breeze might not be the fast speed, but the slow speed, which is offered on Magic for $39.99 unlimited per week.

I am pretty sure you will not have any luck negotiating.. or my TA would have gotten a better price as he pays hundreds every cruise for internet.

Thanks for the input.

PS you really need the fast speed for skype to work well .. remember this fast speed is only on Magic.... so whatever you get on Breeze might not be the fast speed, but the slow speed, which is offered on Magic for $39.99 unlimited per week.

Thanks again, I didn't realize that.

If they do rollout the pricing to other ships, would it be accompanied by the technology upgrade?

Is there any information on the Carnival website, or is it something you receive once you're on the ship?

Its only on one ship... so I would not expect it to be on carnival.com until they make it official.

So far its just on Magic. I assume its a trial still.

I started my own thread to say the new $39.99 slow plan .. and the details of both the fast and slow plans... log in to whichever you signed up for with a click in the box. you can buy a 2nd plan for 50% off, of the unlimited cruise plans. details like that.

Another detail the slow plan is limited to one add on device.. the fast plan isnt.

I typed in all the whole page onto the thread I made about this.

Wow, $39.99 sounds great...

I guess if you were gaming then the more pricy faster connection would be better...

My daughter & grandkids are at Okinawa Japan & would like to keep in contact & put a few Magic cruise pictures on her FaceBook....

Can you upload pictures to FaceBook in a reasonable time on the $39.99 plan???

I've read on cc that the slower plan doesn't run facebook.

I've read on cc that the slower plan doesn't run facebook.

I think that was a suggestion.. if it works for you on other ships it will on Magic with the slow which is like what other ships have.

One guy couldnt connect facebook and he was on the fast speed.. maybe it takes a lot of bandwidth to download?? It was around dinner time.. so it might be time of day.

They do say on the sheet they recommend the fast one for facebooking.

Here's the official welcome I got.

Hi there,

We're thrilled you'll be joining us aboard Carnival Magic in a few days, and we wanted to let you know about something new you'll find aboard the ship.

We've heard from our guests that they need to stay connected to family, friends, and co-workers back home during their cruise, so in addition to our basic plan, we've introduced a new Internet access service aboard the ship with speeds up to 50x faster! Features include:

• New flat fee pricing plans provide affordable, unlimited use per day,

or for the duration of the cruise.

• We've introduced technology enhancements that dramatically increase the

Internet connection speed you'll experience.

• Enjoy ship-wide Wi-Fi coverage in all guest areas, keeping your

mobile devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc.) connected.

• Post to Facebook, stream media, use your smartphone apps

and access your VPN network.

We encourage you to visit our FunHub Internet Café on Deck 5, mid-ship, for answers and assistance on getting connected.

See you soon!

Your Friends at Carnival Cruise Lines

Here's the official welcome I got.

Hi there,

We're thrilled you'll be joining us aboard Carnival Magic in a few days, and we wanted to let you know about something new you'll find aboard the ship.

We've heard from our guests that they need to stay connected to family, friends, and co-workers back home during their cruise, so in addition to our basic plan, we've introduced a new Internet access service aboard the ship with speeds up to 50x faster! Features include:

• New flat fee pricing plans provide affordable, unlimited use per day,

or for the duration of the cruise.

• We've introduced technology enhancements that dramatically increase the

Internet connection speed you'll experience.

• Enjoy ship-wide Wi-Fi coverage in all guest areas, keeping your

mobile devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc.) connected.

• Post to Facebook, stream media, use your smartphone apps

and access your VPN network.

We encourage you to visit our FunHub Internet Café on Deck 5, mid-ship, for answers and assistance on getting connected.

See you soon!

Your Friends at Carnival Cruise Lines

Just because you are on Magic .. and no prices in the email.. it only means it is on your cruise on Magic.

Didn't think that needed explaining. But yes. Perhaps it's success there will encourage a roll out to others.

I think its great, except I forgot my adapter for my tablet, or I would have signed up for the slow.

That email was about as vague as it could get to me. It doesnt mention two plans, fast and slow, and without prices, Id say its not fixed in their minds yet.

We had 99.99 and 39.99 .. post when you get back if thats what you get offered.

Would love the Conquest to come out of dry dock with this new addition! Of the 8 people in our party, we have 5 iPhones and 2 iPod Touches. Crossing my fingers!

I realize this wouldn't apply to text messages, right? Unless we all got "TEXTFREE" accounts.

Would love the Conquest to come out of dry dock with this new addition! Of the 8 people in our party, we have 5 iPhones and 2 iPod Touches. Crossing my fingers!

I realize this wouldn't apply to text messages, right? Unless we all got "TEXTFREE" accounts.

The $39.99 slow speed is limited to one device. The $99.99 you can use it on more than one device .. but only one at a time, unless you buy (for 50% more) extra cruise plans. (thats the kind of details the email leaves out to me)

Have any of you that have purchased the unlimited internet used it to facetime on an Iphone?

Thank you for your help!

While I was on the Magic in Sept I purchased the $99 plan. I did try FaceTime and it worked! Sometimes it cut off and we had to reconnect, but all in all it was great making the phone calls home to check on the kids. We did this while in our room AND walking around the ship. I was also able to listen to iHeart radio (dear friend is a DJ and could not miss her shows) and I was able to listen to Aggie football since the ship was not showing the game.

Damn I wish they'd had an unlimited plan on the Freedom last week! I ended up paying for 10-20 minutes per day. And I could kill 20 minutes on the internet while I'm sleeping, so you can imagine how difficult it was for me! I am ALWAYS online.

Archived