Emerald Princess misses port

Shogun

They must have shuffled her itinerary or something. Schedule says Oslo on the 11th, Kristiansand on the 12, at sea the 13th, Greenock the 14th. But her AIS screen says she is heading for Greenock, due there the 13th. And her ship track doesn't go back far enough to see where she has (or hasn't) been...EM

Hi All

Emerald missed its port, looks like Commodore is trying to get away from the tail end of two hurricanes heading his way,

shipping news reporting 60 mile an hour winds over north of Scotland,

folks on the merald might need a few pills,

hope they make it into Greenock,

could be a very long TA, if they miss a few ports back to back

yours Shogun

Hi All

Web cam shows Scotland in back ground

Ship tracker shows 10.00pm arrival at Greenock,

Port shows 7.00am tomorrow

So question as she missed last port will she dock early and give passengers a night ashore,

Or has captain just made good time after missing last port

or has tried to avoid the bad weather prefering either to anchor near by tonight, or even dock

yours Shogun

Hi All

Web cam shows Scotland in back ground

Ship tracker shows 10.00pm arrival at Greenock,

Port shows 7.00am tomorrow

So question as she missed last port will she dock early and give passengers a night ashore,

Or has captain just made good time after missing last port

or has tried to avoid the bad weather prefering either to anchor near by tonight, or even dock

yours Shogun

Last year the Emerald missed Berlin (Warnemunde) because of bad weather near the beginning of their TA.

Last year the Emerald missed Berlin (Warnemunde) because of bad weather near the beginning of their TA.

Did people traveling independently have to find their own way to the next port or did Princess help? I'm curious because we might find ourselves in that boat :( in the future.

Here's an email message I got at 6pm EST from friends on the Emerald:

Rough day at sea...gale force winds...outside decks closed...low and midships was perfect. We are in Scotland now,,,added early as we have a very sick pax who needed to be evacuated from the ship pronto. We are in port 2 hours early...last few hours we were steaming along at 21 knots...that's fast in the stormy seas. No internet earlier as it was too stormy

Thanks so much for letting a worried Mom sleep tonight. I'm glad the Emerald is safely tucked into port. Our son is staff on that ship and we just got a quick message from him today "Emergency overnight in Greenock, Scotland." Well, of course I've been sitting here imagining all kinds of things, some involving him in frigid water, swimming frantically. Thanks all!

I'm onaoard and we skipped Kristiansand due to impending bad weather. For all of the dire warnings the seas and rocking weren't any worse than we've had on other ta's, but we're glad Comm. Romanomade the decision to skip the port and outrun the storm. From what we've heard the weather west of us is bad.

We got to Greenock around 10pm as someone noted due to a medical emergency. We could see an ambulance waiting from our balcony. Two tugs had a hard time dragging us in with the heavy winds. We were alongside by a bit after 10, and we could have gone ashore from then on.

The weather today is cold and either sunny or raining from one minute to the next. It will be interesting to see how long it takes us to depart this evening because the winds have not let up yet.

I'm onaoard and we skipped Kristiansand due to impending bad weather. For all of the dire warnings the seas and rocking weren't any worse than we've had on other ta's, but we're glad Comm. Romanomade the decision to skip the port and outrun the storm. From what we've heard the weather west of us is bad.

We got to Greenock around 10pm as someone noted due to a medical emergency. We could see an ambulance waiting from our balcony. Two tugs had a hard time dragging us in with the heavy winds. We were alongside by a bit after 10, and we could have gone ashore from then on.

The weather today is cold and either sunny or raining from one minute to the next. It will be interesting to see how long it takes us to depart this evening because the winds have not let up yet.

Yes, I heard from Matt again this morning and he verified the medical emergency. And, as noted before, apparently the captain "went full speed" because of the severity of the medical emergency. So I pray for the passenger for health to return.

Fritz, please say "hello" from Mom to the trumpet player in the ship's orchestra. We look forward to visiting him in Boston in a couple weeks.

Archived