My non-excited DH

sarahleebones

My first wife would not go on a cruise with me. I divorced her and remarried. I could not talk my second wife to go on a cruise with me. I divorced her. Now I am cruising this weekend with my gf. I think she is a KEEPER !!!:rolleyes:

Losing my cruiseginity Sept.16 ,2012 "Chuck"

LOL, that explains your handle!

Looks like there are a few guys that are into the planning. It is (was) like that in my house. I do all the planning and whatnot though I try to solicit ideas out of my wife. However, reading what I just have read from all you ladies, I am going to stop planning these trips. I will leave it to my wife. If she choses not to plan anything so be it. Yet, I am sure she will then complain that I don't take her anywhere instead of complaining that I make our vacations into work with all the planning I do. JUst can't win!

While reading this thread and identifying with so many... I decided to inquire a bit more.

The conversation that we just had:

Me, "Honey what is the name of the next cruise ship we are going on?"

DH, "Carnival Somebody."

Me, "what was the name of the last ship we did?"

DH, "Celebrity something, no wait, Liberty something, yeah, Carnival Liberty - it was a great cruise out of Miami. You know I just love cruising with you. This next one leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale right?"

Me, "yes - but when?"

DH, "February and don't ask me when in February cause you know I don't know and don't care until right before hand."

I love him to death, but yep, the planning always falls on me - otherwise we would never go anywhere.

I've just realised you can't win!!! I get annoyed when he leaves everything to me, but now he is trying to do it I feel helpless, and want to interfere!!! :confused:

Welcome to the life of the married man! It is pretty simple, we are always wrong. Easy. Like below...

That is UNTIL we're on board. Then it's "but I want to do this OTHER excursion!" and/or "Why are we eating so early/late?" and/or "We were here two years ago, why are we here again?"

*SIGH*

"Well sorry dear. Guess you should have spoke up when I asked you 3 months ago."

Then she spends the next couple days sulking.

Dh is the same too. I do everything except oack his suitcase. Since i already pack for myself and a 2yr old. But then he waits until midnight the night becore while i am exhausted and trying to go to bedhe is pulling all his stuff out onto the bed!

Even if I ask his opinion about an excursion he doesn't really choose. It's all up to me. But the in July he was going to Disney with about 20 of his family members ( i couldn't go) and he was planning and researching and booking everything! That pissed me off. I said i was going to make him do everything for our next cruise but if course i am doing everything again. I guess it's like a previous poster said, i am a control freak so I can't imagine not knowing if everything is taken care off...

That sounds like me and my DH.

I would also like to mention that I am MORE than ok with doing all the planning. I wouldn't want it any other way. BUT, some enthusiasm would be nice. He get's sick of me talking about it so that's why I spend so much time here. He seriously thinks I'm nuts :D

Like button!

LOL! I'm with ya, ladies...DH looooves a vacation, couldn't care less where we are going or how we get there.

I take it as a sign of loving trust :)

Plus, he's always impressed with whatever I pick out.

I tried planning a trip to Mayan Riviera with another couple where one partner was super-obsessed like me, but we could never agree on a resort. We ended up travelling down together, then staying at different places, LOL. I would hate to have to share my planning responsibility with hubby. Maybe I'm just a control freak...

This is me too! I plan all vacations but she likes to hear all the details. There are many times after I do all the research I present the options to her and we make final decision together.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

That is how it works in my house. Once things start to get planned out though, I think she just humors me when I talk about the cruise.

I got a huge smile on my face when DW said, "I'm thinking we should take a big family vacation with the kids. The twins will be almost 3, so start looking."

The Breeze is looking mighty nice for next year!! :D

I'm SO happily married, now (for the last 28 years). The hubs loves vacations. I do all of the planning, but try to keep him in the loop as much as possible, just for protocol-sake. Which is fine with us both. I also handle all of our finances, so it works out. He just wants to go on vacation, just say when...

My ex, on the other hand, back 30+ years ago, refused to go to Florida with me and our 2 daughters - expenses paid by my parents - because he "didn't want to waste (??) vacation time going to Florida". The man got 5 weeks vacation a year! He was perfectly content to miss our very young daughters' first visit to Disneyworld. He still doesn't really vacation. (and he does have the money for it) What a sad, sad life he leads!

my DH complained the entire time leading up to the day before our cruise last year that we shouldn't have been spending the money for it, even though he ok'd it before I booked it....but he had a BLAST once we got there, and keeps asking me when we are going again, lol!

I think we may have the same DH, lol. He kept saying we could have put that money into savings or spent it on something else...well yeah but we talked about planning a vacation and you said yes to it!

I predict I'll have to provide a list of ports to my wife at least half a dozen times between now and next July. She knows that we're on Carnival, but has no idea which ship. She only asked if it was "the really huge ship" (referring to RCI Oasis or Allure); she doesn't want to be on those. I do all of our vacation research, planning, booking, etc.

OP, this sounds exactly like my DH. We booked our first ever cruise for May on the Valor. Since we know nothing about cruising, I have been researching and planning everything. DH said, "It is too soon to get excited."

However, we live near Boston, and he is working in Boston today. He just called me because he saw a Carnival cruise ship. I explained that its the Glory, which is in the same class as the Valor. I told him that is exactly what our ship will look like.

I think he was surpised how much I knew! But he is now very excited for our cruise!

Mine is the same. I ask for his input while planning shore excursions and he says "just do what you want, you know what you are doing". HA HA HA I cant wait for him to see exactly what we are doing:p.

My DS LOVES to help me plan. It is a great thing to share with your kid.

LOL! I'm with ya, ladies...DH looooves a vacation, couldn't care less where we are going or how we get there.

I take it as a sign of loving trust :)

Plus, he's always impressed with whatever I pick out.

I tried planning a trip to Mayan Riviera with another couple where one partner was super-obsessed like me, but we could never agree on a resort. We ended up travelling down together, then staying at different places, LOL. I would hate to have to share my planning responsibility with hubby. Maybe I'm just a control freak...

Loving trust- good way to put a positive spin on it.

I agree with you on the sharing responsibility. Technically I guess I want my DH to be excited about it and give me input into the decision, but then the final say gets to be whatever I want. Is that SO wrong. :D

Guess I am a control freak too.

Archived