Does anyone still decorate their door?

Sunburns

Wow! Great ideas and examples everyone!!! Thx! I can't wait to get started! We will be going between Thanksgiving and Christmas so I think I will stick to the Anniversary and port themes. Now to figure out how to combine them a little.... hmmm...

I heard the Liberty will be decorated on Nov 24th.....good possibility your ship may be decorated for Christmas as well.

It's ironic that I read so many postings about decorating your cabin doors but out of six cruises, we've never seen a door decorated. Must be because we are always on the Panorama deck toward the pool end of it and don't really go by many cabins to get to ours.

We are taking an extended family cruise to celebrate my older DD's 21st B-day and my younger DD's HS graduation. I was thinking about decorating their doors, but I'm not sure I want to advertise the cabin is filled with "pretty young things." What do you think? DH and I have the adjoining/connecting cabin.

Maggie

Edited to add: Wait! I just thought of something. Maybe I could make one poster type thing and put on EVERYONE's door. Then they wouldn't know where the girls were.

I'm not personally into decorated a door but *may* get one of these for our next cruise so our daughter is assured it's our room:

http://www.zazzle.ca/door+marker+gifts

Although these are magnets and I don't believe the Miracle's doors are magnet worthy, I will tack it up with non marking putty.

On our last cruise we also printed out a picture of each of us with our name underneath. This combined with a small dry erase doorknob hangar made it easy for friends to find us and leave a message :)

We also raided the "bachelorette" section of the party store. But the cruise was an all-gay charter so I shouldn't have to explain that one any further :p

I heard the Liberty will be decorated on Nov 24th.....good possibility your ship may be decorated for Christmas as well.

Hmm.. not sure if I like that or not since we are celebrating our anniversary, but it might be fun and festive to see how they decorate a ship :)

We are taking an extended family cruise to celebrate my older DD's 21st B-day and my younger DD's HS graduation. I was thinking about decorating their doors, but I'm not sure I want to advertise the cabin is filled with "pretty young things." What do you think? DH and I have the adjoining/connecting cabin.

Maggie

Edited to add: Wait! I just thought of something. Maybe I could make one poster type thing and put on EVERYONE's door. Then they wouldn't know where the girls were.

Good idea to make them similar or the same. I'm not sure if I want to use names or photos on mine yet. Something to think about.

I'm cruising with a group of 20 - on Oct. 1. We all belong to a goldendoodle, labradoodle & australian labradoodle website. We are having our own door decorating contest - with prizes. Kinda hokey but hey - who cares - all in fun.

I think a contest is a great idea. It is all for fun :)

We have "decorated" our door every cruise for the last few years. Its started with a window cling decal years ago.

What we do is very minimalistic.

I bought some HVAC magnetic vent covers from Lowes and trimmed it down to size. I then found some construction paper that looks like sand on the beach and cut to size and glued in it. Then sprinkled some personal and cruise/travel themed stickers on it.

Its about 5x10 and has stuck to various cabin doors regardless of line. Its been on probably 7+ cruises so far. Its takes up virtually no room in our bags.

Also when feasible we fly a small school flag from the balcony railing, but this depends on the line and if there is a way to attach it securely.

One year we had a 5 ft tall inflatable palm tree on our extended balcony. The bottom was filled with water and the top secured to the bulkhead by a magnet and string. That year there was also a nice size banner hung with a magnet. Got some nice hoots from people on ships tied next us in port.

R

I haven't decorated doors on our first two cruises but this time I am planning on decorate all the doors of the folks in our group.

I had some signs made, bought some fun cut outs from the dollar store and found rolls of dry erase paper so we can all leave each other messages.

I like the idea..it's fun, cheap and it makes our trip and cabin even more special. I think we will all smile every time we approach our doors.

I'm not personally into decorated a door but *may* get one of these for our next cruise so our daughter is assured it's our room:

http://www.zazzle.ca/door+marker+gifts

Although these are magnets and I don't believe the Miracle's doors are magnet worthy, I will tack it up with non marking putty.

Those are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

I haven't decorated doors on our first two cruises but this time I am planning on decorate all the doors of the folks in our group.

I had some signs made, bought some fun cut outs from the dollar store and found rolls of dry erase paper so we can all leave each other messages.

I like the idea..it's fun, cheap and it makes our trip and cabin even more special. I think we will all smile every time we approach our doors.

May I ask where you bought the dry erase paper?

Thanks.:)

Sailing on the Freedom in November for our 25th Anniversary. I'm thinking about decorating my door. Does anyone still do this?

We do every cruise..! Just went on Magic in March and decorated for us and our kids and we are going on back to back in December and I'm already working on our decorations...!!

• 3 weeks later...

One time, among other decorations, we taped our bar receipts (tearing off folio number of course)...I will bring a few things, but we try to find things on the ship, like a hunt, to decorate our door with, makes it fun..things signed by staff, etc.

Archived