Air mattress

NKsDogWalker

My sister is talking to my mom about bringing an air mattress on the cruise. I am not sure why. I volunteered to sleep on the fold out sofa. She isn't the type to be "nice" and bring it for me. LOL Is there any rules against this? It is one of those Areo beds so it folds up into a sleeping bag sized bag.

JSs are great, but don't have a lot of excess floor space between the beds, sofa, and TV area, so unless it's a really small mattress, I don't think it will fit very well.

Everyone booked in a cabin must have a sleeping space, either a bed, sofa bed, Pullman bed, or crib. So who is the air mattress for??

Not to be mean, but a lot of people around here are going to have some not-so-nice comments about this idea.:)

My sister can be a weird bird but I love her... We have a Junior Suite.

TO ANSWER your question and not second guess or ask why, we (I brought) one last year on the Allure we had one Jr. suite and one balcony Ocean view next door for my son and two children. Knowing the children would not sleep in the parents room and our room did not have the sofabed or upper or lower, I brought this. there was plenty of room and when they were not on it, I picked it up and put it up against the wall. It worked out perfectly.

My sister is talking to my mom about bringing an air mattress on the cruise. I am not sure why. I volunteered to sleep on the fold out sofa. She isn't the type to be "nice" and bring it for me. LOL Is there any rules against this? It is one of those Areo beds so it folds up into a sleeping bag sized bag.

If she worries about the bed not being comfortable, she can request an "egg crate" from the cabin steward - it's soft foam that goes under the sheet - just make sure it's "needles up" on the bed, not down.

i just got off oasis and had a junior suite. The room was not as big as junior suites on other ships. About the size of balcony cabins on other ships. There would be room for a twin mattress on the floor but nothing bigger. IMHO.

We had plenty of room and the couched opened although we didn't use it.

Teresa

If she worries about the bed not being comfortable, she can request an "egg crate" from the cabin steward - it's soft foam that goes under the sheet - just make sure it's "needles up" on the bed, not down.

I will suggest that to her. I wasn't sure that was possible. THANK YOU! :)

I have seen photos of cabins that people have set up them up. She can always bring it and if there's no room there is always the egg crate. I am planning on doing this because my daughter does not want to share a bed and she actually thinks it would be fun! Don't know why but hey she is the one that will have to sleep on it not me! It's just one more thing to carry but we are not flying so no worries there. Unless you are flying you could just bring it and see how it goes.

Those things twin size or larger are kind of heavy. I wouldn't want to be lugging something like that along on a plane or have that extra weight in my bags with the cost of over weight baggage these days! But that's just me.

Surprisingly, in my opinion, the beds on any Royal ship I have been on are very very comfortable. I sleep on a waterbed at home and it always usually takes me a few days to adjust to a "regular" bed when staying in a hotel, but I have never had that "adjustment" period on a cruise.

Archived