Ipod Question

april22c

No, Allure of the Seas is the only ship that has the iPod/iPhone docks in the cabin.

For those with iPhone 5's, Apple will be coming out with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and this short cable adapter which may work in the Allure's iPhone docks. I don't remember the shape of the docking station to know whether such an adapter would fit in there well and be otherwise suitable.

My DH & I both have ipods for using while exercising but wanted to be able to use one like a radio/player. I found a device at WalMart ($9.88) that you simply plug the ipod into the case, zip it closed and it plays your playlist thru a speaker. Best thing I have found and it will be traveling with us on our next cruise.

We were on the Freedom in July and did not have these. I believe only the Oasis Class ships have it for now.

Went on the Allure last year and they had a Ipod player in your room. Was wondering if Freedom of the seas had one on it. Thanks

My DH & I both have ipods for using while exercising but wanted to be able to use one like a radio/player. I found a device at WalMart ($9.88) that you simply plug the ipod into the case, zip it closed and it plays your playlist thru a speaker. Best thing I have found and it will be traveling with us on our next cruise.

My wife and I both have one. They work great, and are easy to pack/transport.

None of the Ipod players will work with the new connector design on Iphone 5 :(

And that is a shame too. I upgraded from the 3GS to the 5 today with expected delivery in 2 weeks. The adapters won't come out until mid-October so it's a crap shoot to see if they are compatible (can mate) with the Allure's docking stations. I believe the new iTouch (and iPods) also use the new Lightning connector so those may be an issue also with connectivity on Allure. I'll be on Allure in December so it gives me plenty of time to check out the adapters from Apple.

Archived