How hot is the sun?

Gailerina

Not sure if someone mention this or not...but at about 1am in the morning I found this hilarious:

Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 4:39 PM

To: SPLENDOR CRUISE DIRECTOR

Cc: SPLENDOR GUEST SERVICES; SPLENDOR GUEST SERVICES MANAGER;

Subject: Guest Comment Craig

Please be advised that guest from cabin _____ Mr ______ has been in the medical center today with severe sun burn. Guest’s wife has stated that no announcement was made or information given that the sun would be strong today and guest is stating that she should not have to pay for medical charges. Please, can you contact her?

Thank you and best regards,

Guest Services Associate, Carnival Splendor

Carnival Cruise Lines

Where did you get this report??

But the sun is pretty damn hot so much so I dont lay out with baby oil anymore like we used to in the 80's:eek:

John Heald posts them on his fb page, a lot, most of them are funny.

On that note, I learned in the 90's to apply lots of sunscreen, my mother and I were in the Bahamas, I got sun poisoning, we were only out like 2 hours.

On that note, I learned in the 90's to apply lots of sunscreen, my mother and I were in the Bahamas, I got sun poisoning, we were only out like 2 hours.

Yeah it is from his blog.

I read that and I was like :confused: and then I was like :rolleyes: :p

No idea where I miss that John is God and should know the sun is hot :D

OK was wondering where as I dont do FB

I remember we used too use Ban De Soliel than we switched to baby oil mixed with betadine.

Last weekend we used @ least 36spf while body surfing

The surface, or photosphere, of the sun is about 10,000° Fahrenheit (5,500° Celsius)

Years ago Comedians would use Shills in the audience, remember seeing Rodney Dangerfield about 10 yrs. ago in Vegas, Someone who from the audience would come half way up the aisle and ask /shout "hey Rodney , how is your mother in law"

Rodney would do about 10 min on it..

Perhaps.....

John has this need to make fun of his customers. Thought he might stop after what he tried to do with me last week but guess not.

However it is easier when a name is not supplied so the customer cannot answer back.

Then don't send stupid and rude stuff to him stu ;)

Where did you get this report??

But the sun is pretty damn hot so much so I dont lay out with baby oil anymore like we used to in the 80's:eek:

I remember when we would mix baby oil and iodine together and also hold a tri-fold aluminum shield around our neck so we could really fry. What in the hell were we thinking? dumb, dumb, dumb!:rolleyes:

John has this need to make fun of his customers. Thought he might stop after what he tried to do with me last week but guess not.

However it is easier when a name is not supplied so the customer cannot answer back.

Please expand on this...what happened? Post a link.

I remember when we would mix baby oil and iodine together and also hold a tri-fold aluminum shield around our neck so we could really fry. What in the hell were we thinking? dumb, dumb, dumb!:rolleyes:

Back in the 70's, my sister and her friends would open an album cover (remember them?) like a book, cover the inside with aluminum foil, and hold them under their chins so their faces would "tan" (fry).

Back in the 70's, my sister and her friends would open an album cover (remember them?) like a book, cover the inside with aluminum foil, and hold them under their chins so their faces would "tan" (fry).

Did you take the lp out?

I can laugh today about this kind of thing. But on my first cruise I actually went to see in the sun, not realizing how hot it would get, and got sun sickness. Rough 2 days.

I do not think people realize that on the water the sun is much hotter and you burn much quicker without sunscreen.

My first cruise to the Bahamas was on the Big Red Boat in 1987. We went snorkeling the day we visited their private island. We were warned to wear t shirts over our bathing suits while in the water "because the sun is so strong here."

I wore the t shirt in the morning, but not after lunch.

At dinner I was served a lobster. Could not eat it, I felt like a cannibal because the lobster and I were the same color.

Didn't realize the "red" in "Big Red Boat" would refer to me.

Even in this day and age, when we are all so much more aware, a little "reminder" in the Fun Times couldn't hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

OK was wondering where as I dont do FB

I remember we used too use Ban De Soliel than we switched to baby oil mixed with betadine.

Last weekend we used @ least 36spf while body surfing

OMG!!! Can you believe when we cruised on the Pride in April, I was actually LOOKING for Ban De Soleil? I used to LOVE that orange jelly that came in a tube....and the SMELL?? YUMMY!! Does anyone know if they still make this?:o

OMG!!! Can you believe when we cruised on the Pride in April, I was actually LOOKING for Ban De Soleil? I used to LOVE that orange jelly that came in a tube....and the SMELL?? YUMMY!! Does anyone know if they still make this?:o

yes they do just do a google it and you will get some places that sale it pop up:cool:

1) You assume everyone reads the funtimes

2) Common knowledge is that you will burn....Carnival can not predict anything. We have all gone to bed with the news saying it will be nice and sunny and we want up to rain all day.

3) What next? Announce it? If you are going to lay in the sun, please sun screen. My friends always do and don't, but that is because I don't really burn BUT if I did...its my fault.

4) To me it is another example of people ignoring personal responsibility.

1) You assume everyone reads the funtimes

2) Common knowledge is that you will burn....Carnival can not predict anything. We have all gone to bed with the news saying it will be nice and sunny and we want up to rain all day.

3) What next? Announce it? If you are going to lay in the sun, please sun screen. My friends always do and don't, but that is because I don't really burn BUT if I did...its my fault.

4) To me it is another example of people ignoring personal responsibility.

One does not have to lay in the sun any longer to get a burn. One can even be under an umbrella and get one.

But there are some people, still, that don't know the rays closer to the equator are stronger than in the north. I meet people on land that are not aware.

And there are still some that aren't aware you can get a severe burn on a cloudy day.

One does not have to lay in the sun any longer to get a burn. One can even be under an umbrella and get one.

But there are some people, still, that don't know the rays closer to the equator are stronger than in the north. I meet people on land that are not aware.

And there are still some that aren't aware you can get a severe burn on a cloudy day.

Exactly.

I had never gotten a severe sunburn in my life until that trip to the Bahamas. Didn't think about the sun being stronger near the equator.

I don't see that Carnival is to blame if you get a burn, but I also don't see the harm in "reminding" people.

We took a land vacation this summer and found ourselves visiting the National Park at the Yorktown Battlefield in Virginia during a heat wave. The park rangers posted signs in the visitor's center indicating that there was a heat advisory in effect and reminding visitors to take appropriate precautions. The rangers reiterated this message during their talks. I don't think I needed reminding to wear a hat, drink water and get out of the sun, but I wasn't bothered by it either.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Archived