Embarkation with Princess Platinum

We are doing a mini cruise next month on Sun Princess Syd - Bne. I have been able to convince a mate in Syd to join us with his latest "crush".

We are platinum with Princess my mate has only cruised once before with them. I am wondering about embarkation... as platinum we get some preferential treatment with getting our cruise cards and proceding on board. I read somewhere on these boards that we would be able to have our cruise mates also enjoy this priviledge if they are with us.

Can any one confirm if this is the case...I would like to let my mate in Sydney know so we can organise our get together.

cheers

We are doing a mini cruise next month on Sun Princess Syd - Bne. I have been able to convince a mate in Syd to join us with his latest "crush".

We are platinum with Princess my mate has only cruised once before with them. I am wondering about embarkation... as platinum we get some preferential treatment with getting our cruise cards and proceding on board. I read somewhere on these boards that we would be able to have our cruise mates also enjoy this priviledge if they are with us.

Can any one confirm if this is the case...I would like to let my mate in Sydney know so we can organise our get together.

cheers

Flipper if you both check in at the same time you might be allowed to get priority embarking but its not a big perk and if he cant join you he wont be far behind you

Elite is higher than platinum anyway. We have taken others through with us. You may get a couple through but maybe not a huge group.

Hi Karon

My mate has only cruised once before, so he has only just graduated from "Virgin Blue". His companion has never cruised before....so my intentions are simply to give them a bit of a guiding hand.;)

I fancy I will give it a go and see what happens.

I still remember embarkation in Auckland in 2005 for Sapphire Princess. It was raining,the queue was snaking out the doors and along the road and it was our first Princess Cruise. I remember how some, who seemed to know what to do and where to go were able to by pass all us standing in the rain.:mad: I'll take that as a platinum perk anyday.

cheers

Hi Karon

My mate has only cruised once before, so he has only just graduated from "Virgin Blue". His companion has never cruised before....so my intentions are simply to give them a bit of a guiding hand.;)

I fancy I will give it a go and see what happens.

I still remember embarkation in Auckland in 2005 for Sapphire Princess. It was raining,the queue was snaking out the doors and along the road and it was our first Princess Cruise. I remember how some, who seemed to know what to do and where to go were able to by pass all us standing in the rain.:mad: I'll take that as a platinum perk anyday.

cheers

We are Plaitnum and cruised with our friends who were first time cruisers, we had also read that family and friends travelling with plaitnum guests were allowed to board with them, we asked the question at the terminal, and this was indeed the case, our friends boarded with us no problem.Robin:)

cheers

I knew I had read it somewher, this is from the Princess website Captain's Circle section under Members Benefits, hope this helps, I know we did'nt have any problems with our friends getting prority boarding with us. Robin:)

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Thanks heaps Karon and Robin :)

The platinum rewards are somewhat light on, but I do enjoy the priority embarkation and of course the free internet.

cheers

G'day Flipper, long time no speak, you will be ok mate, just take the Duncan Fearnley willow and Kookaburra ball to check in. You would have liked Arcadia we were on in March/April, Syd-Sou, cricket every sea day arvo, tests against the Indian Stewards and all, great fun.

Suffice to say the combined Aussie/Pom pax team got smashed by the Indian crew.

Enjoy Sun Princess.

G'day Flipper, long time no speak, you will be ok mate, just take the Duncan Fearnley willow and Kookaburra ball to check in. You would have liked Arcadia we were on in March/April, Syd-Sou, cricket every sea day arvo, tests against the Indian Stewards and all, great fun.

Suffice to say the combined Aussie/Pom pax team got smashed by the Indian crew.

Enjoy Sun Princess.

G'Day Les

I have noticed you have been posting around the traps...also noticed that your health may not be the best. I hope all is well with you.

Your Arcadia cruise must have been fantastic... even if you lost the cricket...seems to me that the Aussies will struggle for a while.

I have now retired from cricket administration (after 17 years) and now working for my wife in her Mortgage brokering business. I don't for one minute miss the crap involved in where I was.

I am also writing my next book. Working title is UNDERBELLY CRICKET although I suspect I might have some copyright issues with that. It is an expose on cricket administration over the past decade and a half...everything from "Beer Wars" to "Corporate Governance". Plenty of material to work with and I already know that some in the hierachy at Jolimont St. are a little worried about what the Flipper might reveal.;)

Our little cruise in October is sort of a retirement/birthday thing..but of course I am concerned it will be far too short. Planning something for next year...but of course it will depend on getting Shirley's business up and really humming.

Happy to chat off line if you like

cheers

Archived