Valor Boarding Delayed

IslandToIsland

We are sitting in the Miami terminal waiting to get on the Valor, which is being delayed due to customs.

They offered everyone free shuttle service to Bayside and $15pp creidit for lunch. We were just there yesterday so no real desire to go back. Just waiting patiently to get this party started! :D

Sent from myTouch 4g using Tapatalk

I was reading yesterday someone posting about getting an email about not getting to the pier until after 1:30. Was it this ship?

They send those out all the time now.

Most likely it is a full crew immigration check, which takes time and aren't pre-announced.

I wonder how many FTTF purchasers are screaming for the money back right about now.

Most likely it is a full crew immigration check, which takes time and aren't pre-announced.

I wonder how many FTTF purchasers are screaming for the money back right about now.

I hit one of the full pax customs checks, folks were still getting off at 1:30 pm on my roll call. Someone said they do this every 3 months, though seems like if it were true you would hear about it more.

I am praying nothing like this happens on conquest in a week

I'm sure they are. I already heard someone complaining that $15pp wasn't enough to get any food in Miami.

I hit one of the full pax customs checks, folks were still getting off at 1:30 pm on my roll call. Someone said they do this every 3 months, though seems like if it were true you would hear about it more.

I am praying nothing like this happens on conquest in a week

Aren't you supposed to be cruising? Go away!!

The latest from The Brand Ambassador™

"Here is the latest news on this: " Due to additional screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process from our previous cruise ran a bit behind scheduled this morning. Therefore, boarding for your cruise is now scheduled for 1:30 PM. The good news is that our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

Regrettably, at this time, our cruise terminal is full. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, we will accept your checked luggage now and invite you to board one of our complimentary shuttle buses to Bayside Market Place, located just minutes away. There, you can take advantage of a variety of shopping and dining options. We will post a $15.00 per person, credit to your Sail & Sign account, so you can enjoy lunch on us today.

The shuttles will start heading back to the terminal at 2:00pm and will run until 3:00PM."

It's not like it costs them anything. It's pure profit.

"Here is the latest news on this: " Due to additional screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process from our previous cruise ran a bit behind scheduled this morning. Therefore, boarding for your cruise is now scheduled for 1:30 PM. The good news is that our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

Regrettably, at this time, our cruise terminal is full. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, we will accept your checked luggage now and invite you to board one of our complimentary shuttle buses to Bayside Market Place, located just minutes away. There, you can take advantage of a variety of shopping and dining options. We will post a $15.00 per person, credit to your Sail & Sign account, so you can enjoy lunch on us today.

The shuttles will start heading back to the terminal at 2:00pm and will run until 3:00PM."

1:30pm isn't right because the lady that keeps giving updates said they don't have a set time for boarding.

"Here is the latest news on this: " Due to additional screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process from our previous cruise ran a bit behind scheduled this morning. ."

As I suspected, increased vigilance due to recent events:

Sep 14, 2012

Wikileaks from U.S. Embassy show Hezbollah in Belize for years

The recent capture of Rafik Mohammad Labboun Allaboun, who acquired a Belize passport

and other documents in a matter of three days, is a high profile case of a very old program.

Fraudulent passports, and visas given to facilitate human trafficking of Chinese, Sri Lankans, Nigerians,

and Somali nationals to the United States has been regularly reported by News Five over the past few years.

FULL ARTICLE:

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/75904

I'm sure they are. I already heard someone complaining that $15pp wasn't enough to get any food in Miami.

nonsense, who couldnt buy lunch for $15 pp?? There is a chicken place near the port.. across the bridge, downtown on one of the streets, but almost on the main street by the ocean.. you could get a combo platter with fried platains, beans and rice 1/4 or 1/2 chicken chicken and other sides easily for $10ish. .Its a chain, el pollo loco or similar name. its one of my favorites when I used to live in florida.

Lots of place I could eat under $10 and be full and then some, there are sandwich shops. when I was there, over at that kind of mall place.. hooters had wings on sale that day, $5.99. I just cant imagine being unable to find a place for lunch that you could eat something for $15.

just complainers who always want more than they get for free.

nonsense, who couldnt buy lunch for $15 pp?? There is a chicken place near the port.. across the bridge, downtown on one of the streets, but almost on the main street by the ocean.. you could get a combo platter with fried platains, beans and rice 1/4 chicken and other sides easily for under $10. there are sandwich shops..

Lots of place I could eat under $10 and be full and then some

Five ... five ... five dollar foot long ...

Now go away!

nonsense, who couldnt buy lunch for $15 pp?? There is a chicken place near the port.. across the bridge, downtown on one of the streets, but almost on the main street by the ocean.. you could get a combo platter with fried platains, beans and rice 1/4 chicken and other sides easily for under $10. there are sandwich shops..

Lots of place I could eat under $10 and be full and then some

Exactly, I just rolled my eyes and said, ”here we go!”

Five ... five ... five dollar foot long ...

I don't want a sub!

I planned on eating a burger, hot dog, fries, chicken,

pizza, deli and Mongolian for lunch on the ship -

that would cost me $50 at Bayside! ;)

Seriously, though, $15 pp is plenty for lunch.

It's not like they want to delay embarkation - hours of

lost drink sales plus $15 OBC per pax will cost them quite

a lot.

I don't want a sub!

I planned on eating a burger, hot dog, fries, chicken,

pizza, deli and Mongolian for lunch on the ship -

that would cost me $50 at Bayside! ;)

Seriously, though, $15 pp is plenty for lunch.

It's not like they want to delay embarkation - hours of

lost drink sales plus $15 OBC per pax will cost them quite

a lot.

Someone sitting next to me was just saying they should have someone coming around with drinks and it would make this wait go by alot faster. I agree! :D

Comments on the big guys FB page (both from the same guy):

"Just boarded weddings! We are next!

12:53 (52 minutes ago)"

"No apologies necessary on board. Luggage in room and at guys having a burger for ya...and with the $15 credit I'll buy myself a nice cold drink

13:18 (27 minutes ago)"

Archived