Pvp

sparkysj

Honestly, if it weren't for my PVP, I probably would not book Carnival as much as I do. He is always there to resolve any problems even while I am cruising and always answer any question I might have. We do talk quite frequently and not necessarily about cruising.

I consider him a friend, not just my PVP. I wish that I could post his name here.

We actually fell into ours. She called one day out of the blue. You know the cold calls they make. Well I like her alot. I can email her at almost any hour and get a response with in an hour. Am shocked because it can be a saturday night and ding here comes the answer.

I'd like to find a new one as well...I'm not very happy with mine! He hasn't done anything for me that I couldn't have done for myself on the website and I've called him and left 2 messages in the last week with no reply. I mean REALLY!!! :mad:

Numerous posts have been removed from this thread.

Please remember the following from the Travel Agent Recommendations section of the Guidelines everyone agrees to follow when registering for their free membership:

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Also from the Advertising Is Not Allowed section in the Guidelines:

Cruise Critic has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Cruise Boards are meant to be a cruiser's exchange of advice and tips where cruisers can talk about their travels -- not a marketplace for advertising and selling services. There are thousands of cruise professionals online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the cruise boards would be very quickly overrun with nothing but ads.

Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, constantly mentioning that you are in the travel business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in tone) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

It also means you cannot post links to travel agencies, no matter what the specific reason.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges.

Other Cruise & Travel Sites

Cruise Critic reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to cruise-related material or message boards that are not located within Cruise Critic. Additionally, we respectfully request that you do not use our forums to promote or advertise other cruise-related websites.

The bottom line is: an ad is an ad. So, please no posting of "looking for roommate" type posts, tour shares (except in ROLL CALL threads), giveaways, ebay links, coupon books, coffee cards, etc. etc.

Please note, "masked" references or hints on how to find your travel agent, agency or PVP are not allowed and have been removed. Any posts that quote or reply to posts that violate the Guidelines have been removed too.

Going forward, please remember the following from the Management of this Community section in the Guidelines:

Discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will be removed without notice. All decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final.

Cruise Critic has the right ti exercise and apply our guidelines at any level we see fit, at our sole discretion, at any time.

BR> If you have comments or concerns regarding the management of this community, please address them to: community@cruisecritic.com.

Also the following portion of the Announcement at the top of the forum:

If you have questions, comments, concerns regarding management of these forums please address them to us at: community@cruisecritic.com rather than posting on the forums...

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Kat 50.gif

we booked an online agency first cruise and service was descent. Last year on Carnival we booked through a guy he did a couple of things for us in his own time, but no follow up like how was the cruise, etc. Would have liked that and would have booked future cruises with him, I consider that service.

This one we booked online never had a PVP follow up or send us an email to this day. We have made payments, inquired about a few things and still no PVP has been assigned to us...luck of the draw maybe

I luckily met mine while on a cruise sitting at a bar. I got his business card and he has been my PVP ever since. He has been awesome! I also love that I've actually met him and he doesnt seem like a randon stranger on the other line.

I'm not sure how well this would work, but if I was looking for a PVP, the first step I would take is to call Carnival's customer service number, and tell whoever answers the phone that I am unhappy with my current PVP and would like to change to someone else, or that I currently don't have a PVP. I would think that would get the ball rolling.:cool:

I am pretty unhappy with my PVP. I've made multiple calls with no callback. He says if I email him he will get back to me right away, but when a much wanted aft balcony became available I called and then sent him 4 different emails with no response, a couple days later it was gone! I put in a price drop request form the next week and THEN he emails me, saying sorry for the miscommunication and he found a better price. I'm pretty sure he got notice that I put in a request. He also said that there was no way my reduction could be put in as OBC and it would be returned to my credit card (i'm paid in full). A week later it's still not back (I was just going to buy funship dollars with it) so I called the main number, and the rep said that it's listed as an "overage" on my account and wouldn't be put back on my CC until I requested it!! I just did another price drop request so we will see what happens tomorrow. :confused::confused::confused:

I am pretty unhappy with my PVP. I've made multiple calls with no callback. He says if I email him he will get back to me right away, but when a much wanted aft balcony became available I called and then sent him 4 different emails with no response, a couple days later it was gone! I put in a price drop request form the next week and THEN he emails me, saying sorry for the miscommunication and he found a better price. I'm pretty sure he got notice that I put in a request. He also said that there was no way my reduction could be put in as OBC and it would be returned to my credit card (i'm paid in full). A week later it's still not back (I was just going to buy funship dollars with it) so I called the main number, and the rep said that it's listed as an "overage" on my account and wouldn't be put back on my CC until I requested it!! I just did another price drop request so we will see what happens tomorrow. :confused::confused::confused:

Sounds like you should be in the market for a new pvp.

We actually fell into ours. She called one day out of the blue. You know the cold calls they make. Well I like her alot. I can email her at almost any hour and get a response with in an hour. Am shocked because it can be a saturday night and ding here comes the answer.

Sounds like ours, we may have the same one. :)

We had a great PVP for a long time, called to let us know of great deals, helped in every way. Recently our PVP started their own travel agency, called us to let us know. I wish I could say that now they are attentive still call and return phone calls as previously done. Sorry no!! Guess I am looking also!

We had a great PVP for a long time, called to let us know of great deals, helped in every way. Recently our PVP started their own travel agency, called us to let us know. I wish I could say that now they are attentive still call and return phone calls as previously done. Sorry no!! Guess I am looking also!

Strange that customer service would go away when he started their own business. How dumb is that.

I thought the same thing. I own a business and I know that I have to keep on top of things. I think that the business is part-time , as I was told that when I finally got a call back it was late because of being at work?, and wouldn't be surprised if it folded soon!!

Strange that customer service would go away when he started their own business. How dumb is that.

Sounds like finding a good one is the luck of the draw! I wouldn't say the one I have now is bad because she isn't it's just that I have read on here about how the PVP contacts when there are sales, etc. and I don't get calls or emails or anything. Maybe that is because we can only afford 1 cruise a year...but on the 2 different cruises I have used her to book with I have also brought 13 additional people w/me that have booked through her as well.....

We are cruising together so maybe we can exhange notes on our cruise together;)

I had a PVP.

Once I called back, after the initial call, and booked 5 rooms, I've never heard from him since.

Emails go unanswered.

When I call and put in his extension, it says he's "unavailable" and I'm transferred and put on hold.

However, after being on hold, I have gotten the help I needed. I've spoken with a different person each time.

Not sure how some can get a great PVP with whom they can get a hold of each time, and some can't.

I've received prompt, polite and courteous help....just not from a specific PVP.

Archived