Shana Tova

greeneg

5773 Bill, but who's counting?

Hello Dr. H -

Thanks for setting me straight. I actually received a card that showed that date and knowing the sender, I understand why I received a re-cycled New Year's card.

Bill

In Alabama we wish good health first!

May the coming year be full of good health, blessings beyond measure, and peace.

L'shana Tova

p.s. During services today our Rabbi acknowledged the 100th anniversary of our sanctuary while reading from the consecration ceremony of the founding rabbi. Mitzvahs abound.

Hello Dr. H -

Thanks for setting me straight. I actually received a card that showed that date and knowing the sender, I understand why I received a re-cycled New Year's card.

Bill

That's hysterical Bill !!! Thanks for sharing with us.

In Alabama we wish good health first!

May the coming year be full of good health, blessings beyond measure, and peace.

L'shana Tova

p.s. During services today our Rabbi acknowledged the 100th anniversary of our sanctuary while reading from the consecration ceremony of the founding rabbi. Mitzvahs abound.

Hi Alcpa1,

First of all, I do love the idea of wishing good health, first. It reminds me that my mother always said "Use it in good health" or "Drive it in good health" or "Wear it in good health" when anybody was showing off a new purchase. Kind of like, that's nice but there are some things money can't buy. Sometimes I think we even add, "Allavai puh puh."

And how lovely about the 100th anniversary of your sanctuary. Glad to hear everybody cleverly saved the consecration ceremony. The old Savannah synagogue has lovely letters from leaders of our country, from the 18th century. But the document that is the oldest I believe I've ever seen is the letter from the authorities in Barcelona permitting expansion of the synagogue in the Call -- but limited in size so it would not exceed the size of the smallest church (a law in 15th century Barcelona, evidently -- but better than the forced conversions, in 1492).

To bring us back to cruising, I am looking forward to a tour of Jewish interest in Montevideo, on my Quest cruise in January. The write-up claims that Montevideo has the only monument to the Holocaust in all of South America.

May our adventures continue, all of us, if we are being granted a year of life and good health, please G-d.

And from London, UK, from a soon to be new cruiser with Azamara, we wish you all have a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, and well over the fast. - Pam and Keith

Thank you and the very same to you, Pam and Keith, and indeed to all.

--May and Mr. B.

Archived