3 Day Plan...Suggestions/Comments??

fish6

I have posted this itinerary on our roll call as well. Here is my 3 day plan for Bermuda. We have never been there before so I am open for suggestions and I also have a few questions....

WEDNESDAY

· Arrive @ Dockyard 0800 (go buy 2 day pass $20.00/pp cash only at Visitor Info. Centre)

· Take the 0945 orange ferry to St. George

· Take the 1040 guided walking tour of St. George

· Walk to Tobacco Bay (visit unfinished church along the way)

· Tour Somer’s Garden on way back into town

· Tour the Bermuda Perfumery (5 Queen Street)

· Catch the ferry back to Dockyard @ 1545 or the last ferry @ 1830

Questions: Does anyone know if you can buy transportation passes on the Explorer?

Is this doable all in 1 day?

How far is the Perfumery from Somer's Garden?

THURSDAY

· Take #7 (inbound) bus to Gibb’s Lighthouse ($2.00 to climb)

· Walk (or take #7 inbound bus) to Horseshoe and walk to other beaches (beach path ends @ Warwick Bay)

· Take #7 (inbound) bus to Swizzle Inn South Shore for a rum swizzle

· Take #7 (outbound) bus back to Dockyard

Questions: Should I do the Swizzle Inn after Gibb's lighthouse and then just go to Horseshoe?

How often do the buses run from Gibb's Lighthouse?

FRIDAY

· Stay close to Dockyard

· Clock Tower (Glassworks demo/rum cakes are beside each other)

· Frog and Onion pub maybe

For a rainy day we will probably head to the caves and maybe take in the BUEI or BAMZ. Also depending on what time we dock at the pier on the Wednesday I may have to switch my days around.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Donna

Overall, I think you have a good plan; you certainly did your homework. I wish everybody who posted proposed itineraries here provided such detail.

The distance from the Perfumery from Somer's Garden is about ¼ mile.

Yes, you can do it in one day, but will depend on what you do at Tobacco Bay.

I think the order for Horseshoe Bay and Swizzle Inn depends on when you complete your visit to Gibbs and how long you plan to spend at HSB. Are you just walking by the other beaches or testing the waters? The route #7 bus on that section of the route runs every 15 minutes.

SBtS

Overall, I think you have a good plan; you certainly did your homework. I wish everybody who posted proposed itineraries here provided such detail.

The distance from the Perfumery from Somer's Garden is about ¼ mile.

Yes, you can do it in one day, but will depend on what you do at Tobacco Bay.

I think the order for Horseshoe Bay and Swizzle Inn depends on when you complete your visit to Gibbs and how long you plan to spend at HSB. Are you just walking by the other beaches or testing the waters? The route #7 bus on that section of the route runs every 15 minutes.

SBtS

Thank you for your comments.....I think if time permits we will just walk the path by the other beaches. I think we would like to spend ~2 hours at Horseshoe. Is it easier to take a bus back from the Swizzle Inn South shore or from Horseshoe back to the Dockyard?

Donna

Thank you for your comments.....I think if time permits we will just walk the path by the other beaches. I think we would like to spend ~2 hours at Horseshoe. Is it easier to take a bus back from the Swizzle Inn South shore or from Horseshoe back to the Dockyard?

Donna

The Swizzle Inn, South Shore is directly on the bus route. You exit SISS and find the outbound bus stop and wait, easy peasy.

At Horseshoe Bay, you would have to change out of your beach wear to street cloths which is true for whatever you do next which requires a bus ride. Then you would walk, uphill, on the access road to the bus route for the outbound bus stop, a distance of about ¼ mile, or take the van up $2.00p/p. It is worth it.

SBtS

Archived