Swim with the dolphins

mrs.cog

We did the swim in Cozumel. It was fantastic! We saw the area where they held the Dolphin swim in Jamaica and we were not as impressed with the facility as the one in Cozumel. But, that is our opinion.

We booked directly and not through the ship.

For those of you who have taken part in this excursion; is it better to swim with the dolphins in Jamaica or Cozumel? Thanks you so much for your input.

We have swam with the dolphins in both cozumel and jamaica and in my WHOLE family's opinion Jamaica was much better than cozumel. Much more inter-active and you are actually swimming with them...not standing on a platform. Any dolphin experience I am sure will be amazing for you but for us Jamaica was far superior. Enjoy your cruise :)

We have swam with the dolphins in both cozumel and jamaica and in my WHOLE family's opinion Jamaica was much better than cozumel. Much more inter-active and you are actually swimming with them...not standing on a platform. Any dolphin experience I am sure will be amazing for you but for us Jamaica was far superior. Enjoy your cruise :)

Do you have any details on it?? The name of it ? threw the ship or private? price? We are cruiseing next August on Oasis and I was looking at this but don't know which one to do. If I am going to spend the money I want to get the most out of it . There will be 4 of us. Thanks for any help.

We did the one in Coz and loved it! We did the full swim, so we started on the platform for our first interactions with the dolphins and then swam out for belly rides, boogie boards pushes and a bit of free time to just swim with these magnificant creatures.

We did the swim in Cozumel and it was awesome!!! ( but cant compare since this is the only one we did) However, if you go to the website for the private tour in cozumel ... there are some GREAT deals being offered right now!!!! I think I can post the website here... dolphindiscovery dot com

If you do the Royal Swim with dolphins you are in a small group, you get to swim with them, be lifted up and pulled along by them, hold one and 'kiss' it - where if you just do the Encounter all you do is stand with a large group of people on a metal grill while they come up to you to be petted.

We did ours on Cozumel and it was thrilling. We booked independently via www.dolphindiscovery.com it was cheaper that way and we just got a taxi to the park.

We did jamaica 2 years ago when on celebrity it was full swim and were told there could b 10 of us in water wth the dolphins my dh and i were only ones that did full swim. It was amazing. Crossed that off my bucket list! We then went on to dunnn river falls and did hike up was also amazing if you could get cOuld get combo excursion like that go for it . Best excursion we have ever done

We have the done the swim everywhere. It is one of our favorite activities. The worst by far was at Atlantis. Just awful. I would have asked for my money back but it was free. Jamacia - Blue Lagoon (i think that was the name) was THE BEST. Cozumel a close second. But no matter where you do it - get the most expensive package. At one point it was called the Royal Swim. Due to my daughters age I have done all packages. The first one - where you hug and dance with them from a platform was AMAZING - at least I thought it was until I did the "royal". OH MY. Just unbelievable. It is a lot of money but worth EVERY penny. Bring a waterproof camera!!!

Kathy

Royal Dolphin swim in Cozumel...it was awesome :D

I second this! :D I've never done it in Jamaica so I can't compare but the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab was definately a highlight of all our vacations. It was a really great time and the park is beautiful.

We booked directly through Dolphin Discovery. :)

I second this! :D I've never done it in Jamaica so I can't compare but the Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab was definately a highlight of all our vacations. It was a really great time and the park is beautiful.

We booked directly through Dolphin Discovery. :)

Booked this yesterday - used a promotion code plus the early purchase discount they give - got a GREAT deal. My grandkids are so excited!!!

Booked this yesterday - used a promotion code plus the early purchase discount they give - got a GREAT deal. My grandkids are so excited!!!

Good for you!! It's a really great experience and it appeared to be better going through Dolphin Discovery. It was a better deal and when we went, the direct groups looked smaller than the cruise ship groups.

Then again, the Royal Swim was not offered through the cruise line either.

Have fun! :)

we also did the royal swim in Cozumel and it was awesome. If you book later in the day, you run a better chance of being in a smaller group and hence getting more time with the dolphins. We heard one gentleman on our sailing was lucky enough to be booked entirely by himself so he got an hour to just do whatever he wanted with them. (IIRC, he was booked at 2:30) In our experience there was a group of about 8, they did all of the mentioned activities and a few extra things with each person then took us to the sea lion enclosure where we watched the sea lions do a few "tricks" and then they let us get in the manatee enclosure to feed and pet the manatee too. (we only paid for the dolphins, they threw all the other animal encounters in for free.) It was awesome but the photos were almost prohibitively expensive-more than $100 for a CD with the pics of 2 of us- make sure you budget for it because although they allow you to take a waterproof camera in with you, they set it up so that their photographers get good shots and you will get nearly nothing worthwhile.

Archived