Vitamins and Clothes Hangers......

hannahsmomtoo

Good morning...

I know that any prescriptions have to be in their original container.. but what about supplements? ( I have two over the counter vitamins that I take...can they cruise too? )

and

For our elegant night dresses.. are there hangers available and somewhere to hang them?

Thanks !!!!

Good morning...

I know that any prescriptions have to be in their original container.. but what about supplements? ( I have two over the counter vitamins that I take...can they cruise too? )

and

For our elegant night dresses.. are there hangers available and somewhere to hang them?

Thanks !!!!

You can carry on any vitamins, over the counter meds, anything like that you want. And there are plenty of hangars..and a closet in your cabin. If you need more, just ask your room steward, and he/she will get you some.

I do remember having a problem with the provided hangers in our closet- they were smooth wood, with no notches in them to hang my sundress straps on. Fortunately they were all made of silky fabrics that wouldn't wrinkle, so I was able to just leave them folded on the shelves instead. :cool:

I do remember having a problem with the provided hangers in our closet- they were smooth wood, with no notches in them to hang my sundress straps on. Fortunately they were all made of silky fabrics that wouldn't wrinkle, so I was able to just leave them folded on the shelves instead. :cool:

Thanks.. I am not even worried about regular clothes.. just the two dresses we bought yesterday for elegant night ! So excited !!!!

Good morning...

and

Thanks !!!!

For prescriptions would suggest they be in their original containers for flying but not necessary at the port.

Thanks.. I am not even worried about regular clothes.. just the two dresses we bought yesterday for elegant night ! So excited !!!!

I bring my own, the ones with notches built in and fit the dress size. Those hangers in the closet are a pain in the a--- trying to get that tiny notch lined up with the anchored part, especially when your dress is on the unanchored part.

Some people would need another suitcase just for medication. Although mine are not quite that big, I try to pack small. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to:o, but I put my pills in snack sized zip bags with the label from the pill bottle. You wouldn't believe the amount of room saved in my Mom's suitcase.

FYI the hangers in the closet are the kind that you cant take out. I always bring extra (hangers) to hang bathing suits in the shower. There is a string but it doesnt hold very much. I hang the bathing suits on the hanger and then on the string.

I use the little hook in the ceiling for holding my hangers. Works great, just like in the hotels. I just have to remember to sleep in my swimsuit.

;)

I bring small elastic bands and wrap one or two around the ends of each hanger. Dresses with straps or silky tops do NOT slide off. Works on any kind of hanger. Elastics weigh nothing!!

Have fun!!

For prescriptions, I just keep my receipt that shows my name and the prescription with the medicine, in pill containers or ziploc bags. I don't keep them in the original containers.

I don't keep my prescriptions in their original container, either. I have them (along with vits) in the weekly container. I do have a copy of the info that comes with the RX.

I also take a small amt. of RX in small original containers just in case a TSA agent at the airport decides to pitch the items in my pillbox. This has never happened and I fly 3 to 4 times a year. I take several different vits. & mins. so my pillbox is quite full.

I don't keep prescriptions in original containers. I use the little "pill wheel" like this that I pick up at the Dollar Tree.

460thumbnailimage-M.jpg

And I have a paper copy of my pharmacy records tucked inside a small makeup bag too. As we get older taking the physical bottles would become way too bulky and with all the new flying fees we try and consolidate where we can!

FYI the hangers in the closet are the kind that you cant take out. I always bring extra (hangers) to hang bathing suits in the shower. There is a string but it doesnt hold very much. I hang the bathing suits on the hanger and then on the string.

On all the ships we've been on you could take them out. Just lift up on the hanger and move the pin holding it through the slotted hole. Some of the hangers are made for men's suits that have the rod at the bottom for slacks. Just unhook the one side and slide the dress straps over the rod. Then hook it back up.

I use the little hook in the ceiling for holding my hangers. Works great, just like in the hotels. I just have to remember to sleep in my swimsuit.

;)

Thanks for the laugh! Crazy to think people do that but my sister has had her dorm room flooded twice because of the people above her using them.

Archived