Sunset Beach Day Pass - MoBay

katti michele

The resort looks fairly close to the port. Is it walkable? How much would a taxi cost (there will be two of us)? Would it be best to book it thru "Jamaica for a day" with the transfers? I see there's only one shuttle there and one back with the transfers, which makes me a little skeptical. If we don't want to go that early (we'll be in port from 9-6) or stay that late, I don't want to be stuck there.

Also if anyone has any pictures or reviews, please point me to them! Thanks. :)

Your wonderful post and pics were the Sunset Beach Grande in Ochos Rios, right? I have been to the Sunset Beach in Mo Bay and it does not compare to this. They did not have all the pools that are in your pics.

Yes, that is the one from Ocho Rios. (Sorry, I didn't realize the OP was talking about a different one). I wish I would have walked around to the other side to get more pictures (and there were more pools over there as well). I just didn't realize just how big this place was and thought we had seen it all (until the very end when we were doing the hair braiding).

The resort looks fairly close to the port. Is it walkable? How much would a taxi cost (there will be two of us)? Would it be best to book it thru "Jamaica for a day" with the transfers? I see there's only one shuttle there and one back with the transfers, which makes me a little skeptical. If we don't want to go that early (we'll be in port from 9-6) or stay that late, I don't want to be stuck there.

Also if anyone has any pictures or reviews, please point me to them! Thanks. :)

Been there twice, once using a cab and once using jamaica for a day.

If you feel safe using a cab, that's probably your best best. You will bypass signing in with a group of others. It will be faster.

Also had no problems using jamaica for a day. It just takes longer because your using a bus and waiting on others. It also takes longer to sign in since your with a group.

We enjoyed sunset beach resort and would do it again.

We took our own transportation which was about the same price as Jamaica for a Day charges. I liked it better because we left the ship when we wanted to and left the resort when we wanted to. You just tell them when you are ready and they call for you a taxi. The taxi ride was less than 5 minutes so you probably could walk. I would only consider that if you have a large group as Montego Bay doesn't appear to be one of the safest places I've been.

The beach was ok (the water wasn't as clear as I expected) Be sure to wear water shoes at the beach. They have these sea urchins in the water which are like porccupines. 2 people limped around the rest of the cruise because they had many thorns in their foot and had to see the ship doctor. :eek:

Their wasn't much alcohol in the drinks.....actually I don't think there was any. I drank about 10 drinks and felt nothing. Normally after 3 drinks I've had enough. I found out afterwards that if you want a good drink you have to give them lots of tips.

I don't mean to sound negative because I would go back. The place was just OK in my opinion....not wonderful.

Archived