HAL and CC Roll Calls .....

sail7seas

Then I guess I must consider myself and my DH very lucky people. we've never had an issue - and somehow I have to question your statement about only saving $5???? in Europe??? seriously Me thinks not.

You're questioning my integrity over something I didn't say. We don't limit our cruising to Europe. I didn't say our last private shore ex where we would have saved $5/pp was in Europe. It wasn't. That port was in Costa Rica. In Bali on our all day tour we would have saved $10/pp by doubling the size of our group. Not worth the risk.

I have seen posters looking to share tours in St. Petersburg as a getting a few more will save everyone something like $15/pp over two days. Nope, we won't be risking being able to enjoy a wonderful experience in St. Petersburg for $7.50/pp a day.

We used to look to the Roll Calls to share tours, but the two couples on that Reykjavik tour have made us very reluctant to do so in the future.

You're questioning my integrity over something I didn't say. We don't limit our cruising to Europe. I didn't say our last private shore ex where we would have saved $5/pp was in Europe. It wasn't. That port was in Costa Rica. In Bali on our all day tour we would have saved $10/pp by doubling the size of our group. Not worth the risk.

I have seen posters looking to share tours in St. Petersburg as a getting a few more will save everyone something like $15/pp over two days. Nope, we won't be risking being able to enjoy a wonderful experience in St. Petersburg for $7.50/pp a day.

We used to look to the Roll Calls to share tours, but the two couples on that Reykjavik tour have made us very reluctant to do so in the future.

No Mary Ellen - I wasn't trying to question your integrity at all - if you read it that way - I apologize. That wasn't the intent.

Using your example of St. Petersburg - it is a very expensive port for a couple to do a private tour. Sharing makes sense. I agree with you though - I prefer smaller groups. I didn't say you said it was Europe - that was simply my example - if you misunderstood or if I didn't post clearly, apologies.

I enjoy the Roll Calls and the people I meet. Hi DaveOK!!! I also post elsewhere here on CC but only when I feel I have something to add.

I use Facebook but DO NOT use the HAL Roll Call for the reasons mentioned (TMI). I will look to see if there are many on those roll calls, usually not. Quite often one of the people on HAL's Roll Call will discover the one here on CC and then next thing you know all of them have joined ours.

One of my favorite things about CC is enjoying how although we all love to cruise, the similarities for a lot of us end there.

Vive la Différence!

Archived