I caved and bought into the upsale fairy

lfresa

Ok,

They should not call it a fairy when you have to pay :) I so tried hard not to take the bite but she was a good sales person. Plus me and hubby never had a suite before. I bought my cruise so early and paid so little that I didn't feel bad paying more. I was booked an aft and she made a good point just book the aft on my next cruise. That was my selling point to my husband, plus just the extra bathroom space made him happy!! Can't wait Destiny Oct 29th here I come with Half Moon Cay!!! I tried taking this same cruise last year but the hurricane made us change our itinerary to Mexico.

We had an outside stateroom we bought on Early Saver for the Breeze transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to Miami. We decided to upgrade to a Deck 6 balcony. It's a long cruise and I just had a big birthday, so why not. I think the cost difference was just about what we would have paid originally, but hey, the stock market is up and my husband is just happy I'll be out of the country for the last month before the elections. The cruise leaves election day, but we're touring Turkey and Spain first.

These things lose something when they dont tell you amounts.

It's considered bad form to say exactly what you paid. Prices vary so much depending on when you bought it etc. Someone always gets upset. Our neighbor booked an Alaskan cruise two years ago and did it last minute on a discount web site. He made the mistake of mentioning the price at dinner to tablemates who had booked a year before. He says he thinks he spoiled the trip for one couple who had paid almost twice as much.

We did a carnival TA three years ago and paid $ 649 each for the 16 day cruise. This TA on the Breeze is a lot more, but I don't want to hear from the guy who tells me "Wow, you got rooked!"

I didn't think the cost was really important. I was just excited that I finally got a call to upgrade ( my first time ). I have cruised with Carnival for years and this was my first call that I received ( or was home to get ). The cost only matters to what each individual thinks is worth for larger space, bathroom and balcony. It's hard to put a price on something and have people comment if they would have paid that amount. This is the first cruise we are taking for ourselves ( both sons are now in college ). Anyway, love these boards, I have gotten tons of information over the years that has helped in my cruise planning. Thanks everyone!!

I didn't think the cost was really important. I was just excited that I finally got a call to upgrade ( my first time ). I have cruised with Carnival for years and this was my first call that I received ( or was home to get ). The cost only matters to what each individual thinks is worth for larger space, bathroom and balcony. It's hard to put a price on something and have people comment if they would have paid that amount. This is the first cruise we are taking for ourselves ( both sons are now in college ). Anyway, love these boards, I have gotten tons of information over the years that has helped in my cruise planning. Thanks everyone!!

Congratulations on your upgrade....but even better....CONGRATULATIONS ......NO KIDS....:o:o:o:o

Different people have different expectations on what to pay, and what to accept as an upgrade/upsell.

All that is important is if the person making the transaction is happy.

Same with that couple that seemed angry that they paid more than the other guy. If you are happy with the price you book at, that is all that should matter.

Thanks all for all of the helpful information that is on this site.

It is always interesting, (even if I don't always agree with what some say), this is bound to happen on a public forum.

Happy Cruising all!!!!

Can't wait until November 3rd, when we board the Liberty for our second cruise!!!!

Archived