Noise in cabins - something I looked into

excitedofharpenden

Snoring b-friend here! Traveling is a bit of a nightmare. I use ear plugs (I've found Hearos are best) AND a noise machine...I put it in my carry-on...not really a big deal.

Our last cruise was on the Allure & we totally rearranged the furniture to get the beds as far apart as possible. Our steward was speechless when he saw it (LOL), but we assured him we would put it back at the end of the cruise!

• 3 months later...
Forget Bose Noise Cancelling headphones for me whilst I sleep. Great for flying. No good for when I have my head on the pillow. I'm fortunate that I sleep exclusively on my left side or back so I can put an earbud in the right ear with no problems. Except I'm not sure how good it is for you to have something stuck in your ear for long periods. If I can I favour the iPad on their pillow next to me or a docking station on the dressing table.

I can't answer the question of the other half snoring. I have a friend who downloaded the app today and her husband snores like a trooper. Perhaps she can chime in when she has tried it. Otherwise if this doesn't work, a CPAP machine for DH maybe?

Phil

Earplugs! Use them all the time!

Tom I'm glad you brought this one up again so I could report back. Forgotten I'd started this thread. First off on my Silhouette TA in December I had an aft facing cabin. Very quiet and whilst a compromise in some ways with a lack of cover on the balcony I loved the location. Secondly the white noise machine I downloaded to my iPad/Pod worked an absolute treat. In fact I used it at the hotel I stayed in pre-cruise to cut out the noise of the subway that runs beneath the hotel. My iPad is my best friend. My white noise machine is my second pal!

Phil

Tom I'm glad you brought this one up again so I could report back. Forgotten I'd started this thread. First off on my Silhouette TA in December I had an aft facing cabin. Very quiet and whilst a compromise in some ways with a lack of cover on the balcony I loved the location. Secondly the white noise machine I downloaded to my iPad/Pod worked an absolute treat. In fact I used it at the hotel I stayed in pre-cruise to cut out the noise of the subway that runs beneath the hotel. My iPad is my best friend. My white noise machine is my second pal!

Phil

Nice to come up with a solution! isn't it!

I usually use my macbook and a white noise tune (rainstorm) that I bought on iTunes, I put my computer screen to sleep, set my computer to not go to sleep and run the sound on a loop. Only problem with this is when the song winds down and restarts you have a moment of silence and that pattern can become disturbing.

I may have to look into this app.

I usually use my macbook and a white noise tune (rainstorm) that I bought on iTunes, I put my computer screen to sleep, set my computer to not go to sleep and run the sound on a loop. Only problem with this is when the song winds down and restarts you have a moment of silence and that pattern can become disturbing.

I may have to look into this app.

With the Sleep Pillow app I downloaded you can have the white noise on continuously until you switch it off or there is a timer function so it will switch off after a set number of hours/minutes. The wind in the field sound became my favourite.

Phil

Archived