Breeze versus Dream??

Yellowlily

Does anyone have any insight on these ships? They both look fab and I love their itineraries and what they have to offer. We have enjoyed our Carnival cruises in the past and looks like Carnival is "stepping up it's game" as of late with these awesome features of their newer ships.

If you had to choose a ship, Breeze or Dream?

Are they crowded? How's the food? Entertainment? Kids Club? Service?

Just wondering if it's worth it ($). Looks like an awesome vacay!

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Have to add........forgot this one in my "list of possiblities".......The Carnival Freedom. How does it fare? I see good reviews. Does it have any upgrades that the newer ships have?

Sailed on the dream last year love it!! Doing the breeze next year. Main difference is breeze has a lot more dining options, thrill theatre, hasbro game night, the top 2 decks on breeze are different. The breeze seems like there is a lot more to do on sea days!!

The Breeze has all the newest features but it's also more expensive than the Dream.

I was on the Dream when she was new and before they addressed some of the crowding issues so I wasn't all that thrilled with that class ship. But then I was on the Magic earlier this year and they made so many changes to address the issues associated with the Dream that it became my favorite new ship.

I'm on the Breeze in January and I'm sure that it will be even better than the Magic.

The Breeze has all the newest features but it's also more expensive than the Dream.

I was on the Dream when she was new and before they addressed some of the crowding issues so I wasn't all that thrilled with that class ship. But then I was on the Magic earlier this year and they made so many changes to address the issues associated with the Dream that it became my favorite new ship.

I'm on the Breeze in January and I'm sure that it will be even better than the Magic.

okgirl....i'm going on the Breeze the same day as you...January 13. I can't wait and can't believe i'm going on a brand new ship. We've always gone on the older ones because of price and because mostly we take quick long weekend trips to Mexico or Bahamas. We are sooooo excited to try a new ship.....a little worried about the crowds but i've read some reviews and most say the ship doesn't seem crowded. We'll see i guess.

Having sailed on the Dream, but not yet sailed on the Breeze (will very soon though:D) it's hard to make comparisons. We loved th eDream and had no issues with the crowds (we've learned to avoid the peak crowd time issues). The Dream is in drydock now, I believe and will be getting several of the 2.0 changes that are already incorporated into the Breeze, though nether will have the best of the 2.0 changes, IMO, that's the Alchemy Bar. And I don't think the Dream is getting the Ropes course/full sports deck that the Magic and Breeze have. But they will be a bit more comparable to each other.

So your decision will probably rest on the prices and itineraries available for when you want to sail. The demand for the Breeze, because it is new, has caused it's cabin prices to rise. Similar thing happened for both the Dream and the Magic. These will come down as the ship sails frequently along the same routes and the newness factor subsides.

Because the Breeze is a new ship I agree it is more expensive than the dream or other ships so I'll probably wait a year or more to go on the Breeze. I am on the Glory in March of 2013 and the 2.0 up grades will have been added. No matter what ship you go on you'll have a good time

Gary

Because the Breeze is a new ship I agree it is more expensive than the dream or other ships so I'll probably wait a year or more to go on the Breeze. I am on the Glory in March of 2013 and the 2.0 up grades will have been added. No matter what ship you go on you'll have a good time

Gary

We're cheapies....we are always trying to find the best deals on short cruises (mostly because its better with our jobs for long weekends and luckily we live in Orlando and have easy access to 5 ports). I've been looking at newer ships for years and never could bring myself to pay those high prices. Then i found 6 nights to Grand Turk and Jamaica (two places we've never been) for $1,223 total for 2 for a deluxe oceanview. I thought that was a great deal. Of course 6 nights is longer then we usually like to go but sometimes you have to say "what the heck".

My wife and I have been on both. We did the Dream Western in Feb of 2011, and the maiden voyage of the Breeze on June 3 out of Venice, Italy. The ships are in the same class, but the Breeze by far is a better ship. The layout is a bit different, but the decor is really where it shines. When you are on the Breeze, you feel like you are at home....that is the only way we can explain it. Would we sail the Dream again...yes......would we sail the Breeze again...we are next year.....On the maiden voyage, we sailed over capacity (4002 pax on board), but never felt crowded. We were always able to find seats, never had issues with chair hogs, etc...not once did we feel crowded.

Archived