New to Carnival and have questions..

rushedmom

Hello Hubby and I are taking our first cruise on Carnival and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me out with.

Thanks in advance!

First- I was told by someone you can bring 2 bottles of wine, is this per person or per cabin? Is it best to put them in the carryon luggage. Can you take the bottles to dinner with you?

Second- The new drink package is it available on all ships? If not where do I find out which ones its available on. And where do you purchase the package? Would bottled water count toward the 15 drinks per day?

Third- Whats your favorite menu item???

Hello Hubby and I are taking our first cruise on Carnival and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me out with.

Thanks in advance!

First- I was told by someone you can bring 2 bottles of wine, is this per person or per cabin? Is it best to put them in the carryon luggage. Can you take the bottles to dinner with you? From what I can recall it is per person, but someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Second- The new drink package is it available on all ships? If not where do I find out which ones its available on. And where do you purchase the package? Would bottled water count toward the 15 drinks per day? The new Carnival all you can drink package is on available on 4 ships as of right now, but I am sure it will be moving to all ships soon enough. keep checking carnival.com or here for updates. Also I don't think bottle water is included in the package but you can always bring on a case of bottle water when you get on the ship, along with soda if you drink some.

WARM chocolate melting cake....

My answers inline below...

Thanks in advance!

First- I was told by someone you can bring 2 bottles of wine, is this per person or per cabin? Is it best to put them in the carryon luggage. Can you take the bottles to dinner with you?

It's one 750ml bottle per person (over 21).

Second- The new drink package is it available on all ships? If not where do I find out which ones its available on. And where do you purchase the package? Would bottled water count toward the 15 drinks per day?

Only 4 ships so far, but it seems popular so it may spread to others. It is available on Victory, Splendor, Breeze and Spirit. You purchase it on board. Bottled water is not part of the program.

We haven't cruised since 2009, so we haven't tried the newer menu items

my hubby and I bring on wine all the time, but as they said ..carry on luggage..

My favorite food is the Shrimp dish on the first night...forget what it is called..it is to dye for..it has a crusty like coating on it..served with veggies in a sweet and sour sauce..yummy

Word of Advise..when going to lido for breakfest..the scrambled eggs are yucky..there is a OMELETTE STATION, that makes fresh omelletts and also friend eggs...go there...

you will love your cruise...we got hooked after the first on and now we have many, many cruises under our belt...take care and as they say..

GO WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND YOU WILL MAKE YOUR OWN FUN..

Thanks for the answers!

I love chocolate so can't wait to try that cake.. And the veggie enchilada picture looks yummy. Will tell hubby about the shrimp dish..

If bringing on water do you send that with your checked bags?

Looking forward to this cruise and trying something new..

Thanks in advance! You are welcome :)

First- I was told by someone you can bring 2 bottles of wine, is this per person or per cabin? Is it best to put them in the carryon luggage. Can you take the bottles to dinner with you? As others have stated, one bottle per person over 21. Yes you can take it to dinner with you and they may or may not charge you a corkage fee. you can also carry a wine glass with you from your cabin. I like to have a glass of wine as I'm getting ready. Sometimes I have not finished it and will just carry it in with me as I have seen many others do as well.

Second- The new drink package is it available on all ships? If not where do I find out which ones its available on. And where do you purchase the package? Would bottled water count toward the 15 drinks per day? I wish it would hurry and go fleet wide. I love it. Bottled water is not included, but you can bring your own bottled water onboard as well. I do not recall offhand the limits on that.

Warm melting chocolate cake...or whatever it is called...it's delicious! Order 2 scoops of ice cream! trust me! they are tiny, melon ball size, and one tiny scoop just isn't enough to get a bite of warm chocolate cake with ice cream too. :D

Have fun and use these boards. There is a ton of info to be found.

There is nothing like stepping on a cruise ship for your very first cruise (and even after that) I love the awe feeling I have before boarding, looking at that giant pile of metal that floats.

Word of Advise..when going to lido for breakfest..the scrambled eggs are yucky..there is a OMELETTE STATION, that makes fresh omelletts and also friend eggs...go there...

quote]

My advise would be to skip the LIDO breakfast and go to the MDR for the "sit down full service breakfast"... the service is great, and they will bring you whatever you want.... if it's not shown on the menu that they bring you, ask, and they will have it made to order for you.

AND the Bitter and Blanc is only offered one night, so don't miss it.... it is delicious!!!!!!

Archived