Car Rental POM Drop Off

MBurton

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a downtown car drop off. I will be staying at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn the night before my cruise and wanted to rent a car to tour Miami during the day. I would also be open to somewhere that offers free a shuttle to the port area. So far I have heard about Hertz and Dollar, so experiences with either would be helpful, but any suggestions at all are always welcome. Thanks very much.

Driving in downtown Miami is not a fun way to see the city. :(

National, Thrifty and Alamo shuttle between the MIA airport car rental center and POM -- I doubt they will pick you up or drop you off at your hotel for free, so plan on at least $50 in round trip cab fare if you rent from the airport. :eek:

There are many car rental locations scattered around Miami and Miami Beach, but I would reserach other transit options first. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did Hertz last Feb. Got my car at FLL, dropped off at Hertz downtown location about a mile from the port. There was agree shuttle to the POM. The location is in a parking garage and was a pain to find, but wasn't that bad once I got them on the phone. No drop off fee,even though it was not dropped off in the same place.

We are renting from Hertz and staying at the Holiday Inn port of Miami I want to drop it off the night before they said it is very close to the Holiday Inn then take a cab to the ship the next day, has anyone did it this way I'm worry about the lines at Hertz to drop it off on Saturday?

We are renting from Hertz and staying at the Holiday Inn port of Miami I want to drop it off the night before they said it is very close to the Holiday Inn then take a cab to the ship the next day, has anyone did it this way I'm worry about the lines at Hertz to drop it off on Saturday?

I think you would be fine either way. If you drop off the car the night before, the cab will likely be less than the parking fee would be. If you keep it, allow 60-90 mi uses to turn in the car and catch the shuttle to port.

I did Hertz last Feb. Got my car at FLL, dropped off at Hertz downtown location about a mile from the port. There was agree shuttle to the POM. The location is in a parking garage and was a pain to find, but wasn't that bad once I got them on the phone. No drop off fee,even though it was not dropped off in the same place.

We are booked at the same hotel, good to know Hertz is close by for drop off.

Archived