Best Food/Drink on CGB?

dvond

CGB is lined with about 6 bars/restaurants from Myett's to Quito's, all offer decent pub-style food during the day. Myett's has a good burger and may have their mini-buffer going, and Stanley's Welcome Bar has the best burger and fish tacos. That's where the famous palm tree swing was before being taken out by a hurricane.

Can I ask why you chose CGB? It is the most popular spot and so very crowded.

CGB is lined with about 6 bars/restaurants from Myett's to Quito's, all offer decent pub-style food during the day. Myett's has a good burger and may have their mini-buffer going, and Stanley's Welcome Bar has the best burger and fish tacos. That's where the famous palm tree swing was before being taken out by a hurricane.

Can I ask why you chose CGB? It is the most popular spot and so very crowded.

We we are a family of 4 with a 9 yea old and 16 year old dd so need close options for eating/drinks.

I saw some threads fro Smugglers but that is a tad far with no facilities, we are not one to pack a cooler on vacation :)

CGB is handy with restaurants and restrooms.

Brewer's Bay is the same taxi price as CGB, Nicole's is a beach bar with food & drink and there are chair rentals. Less people but fewer options. I'm sure you'll enjoy CGB. We spent a week there and enjoyed it and just went to Smuggler's or Long Bay when it got too crowded.

CGB is handy with restaurants and restrooms.

Brewer's Bay is the same taxi price as CGB, Nicole's is a beach bar with food & drink and there are chair rentals. Less people but fewer options. I'm sure you'll enjoy CGB. We spent a week there and enjoyed it and just went to Smuggler's or Long Bay when it got too crowded.

How does Brewers compare?

Nicer beach, good snorkeling, there will be others there but nothing like CGB. BB would be a good choice if you're looking for relaxation, CGB might be a better choice for the kids if you want more water toys or just people to be around.

Not to make it harder for you :confused: but Long Bay is also a beautiful beach, we like to go there to relax and watch the pelicans dive. The Long Bay Resort offers day passes to their freshwater pool and you can also include a lunch. I have the prices somewhere here if you want that. It's a little longer taxi (almost to Smuggler's Cove) and the pool and pool bar is across the street from the beach so not as convenient as CGB.

So CGB offers more convenience, that's why it is so popular.

If you go to CGB Quito's is the last place on the beach, Quito Rymer is a popular musician. His Ole Works hotel is across the street. But stop in Quito's bar and get a "Legend" for you and your wife. It's blue and it's strong and it's good. Named after one of his songs...Get a couple CDs too, Quito and his band the Edge are good.

Nicer beach, good snorkeling, there will be others there but nothing like CGB. BB would be a good choice if you're looking for relaxation, CGB might be a better choice for the kids if you want more water toys or just people to be around.

Not to make it harder for you :confused: but Long Bay is also a beautiful beach, we like to go there to relax and watch the pelicans dive. The Long Bay Resort offers day passes to their freshwater pool and you can also include a lunch. I have the prices somewhere here if you want that. It's a little longer taxi (almost to Smuggler's Cove) and the pool and pool bar is across the street from the beach so not as convenient as CGB.

So CGB offers more convenience, that's why it is so popular.

If you go to CGB Quito's is the last place on the beach, Quito Rymer is a popular musician. His Ole Works hotel is across the street. But stop in Quito's bar and get a "Legend" for you and your wife. It's blue and it's strong and it's good. Named after one of his songs...Get a couple CDs too, Quito and his band the Edge are good.

No rush as I have a few week but curious on prices on Long Bay

When you say Water toys on CGB, do you mean renting stuff? If so we usually do not do that, do not really need too many people :) We do like relaxation There is no other ship docked with ours, how crowded does CGB get? We are from NJ and know crowded/

Thanks for all your help!

Water toys are jet skis, boogie boards, boats. With 1 ship there will be several safari taxis dropping folks off behind Myett's, can't say just how crowded but it is the main destination. You won't be arm in arm or anything, just a busier vibe is all.

BB sounds perfect for you now:)

I'll look up the long bay prices tomorrow. You can also email them in case I get lost :eek:

I have to also mention White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. A 20 min water taxi from CGB and you have the famous Soggy $ Bar, Seddy's One Love, and other beach bars. Soggy $ is home to the Painkiller. You'd have to inquire at Stanley's for the water taxi. Probably $100 - 150 roundtrip, not sure. But it's not cheap for a family...

Water toys are jet skis, boogie boards, boats. With 1 ship there will be several safari taxis dropping folks off behind Myett's, can't say just how crowded but it is the main destination. You won't be arm in arm or anything, just a busier vibe is all.

BB sounds perfect for you now:)

I'll look up the long bay prices tomorrow. You can also email them in case I get lost :eek:

I have to also mention White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. A 20 min water taxi from CGB and you have the famous Soggy $ Bar, Seddy's One Love, and other beach bars. Soggy $ is home to the Painkiller. You'd have to inquire at Stanley's for the water taxi. Probably $100 - 150 roundtrip, not sure. But it's not cheap for a family...

So in Brewers Bay, there is one place to eat drink? Are the prices reasonable?

Things my wife will ask but her ears perked up when you said relaxing and less people :)

Yes, Nicole's is the only place there and has restrooms and serves drinks/food, I think the prices are similar to CGB but can't say for sure now. If you search the forum you should find threads discussing Brewer's Bay as well as pics. Everyone that goes there loves it. We haven't made it there yet even though we stay on Tortola because we keep going to Smuggler's. So you can report back to us!

Here's a thread with pics -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34358376&highlight=brewers+bay#post34358376

• 1 month later...

It was an actual building and not a temp stand with a bar area with a TV and a kitchen, we just made sandwiches on the boat and brought them with us, the burger and fries was around $10 but not many people ate who was there, they did run out of alot of beers and said it was a busy day for them

Sorry, I meant the 2nd place that wasn't there when you may have been a wagon or something. Nicole's is famous for their burger. Glad you enjoyed your day. How was the ride there and back? Did you take the same road over the hill both ways?

Archived