Star Lap pool and Thermal Area Charge

luv2cruise53

I am traveling on the Star October 14 to Bermuda. I have searched high and low for this answer and cannot find the info.

1. Does the Gym area have changing rooms and Sauna/steam?

2.If not does the thermal spa/lap pool/jacuzzi area have sauna steam and changing rooms.

3.I assume there is a charge.Does anyone know if it is daily or weekly and what is the cost?

4.If there is a charge can it be pre-booked or when you board?

5. Is there a limit to these passes like on the Epic?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for all your help.

out of 300 questions on the ask and answer for the Star there were 46 about hair dryers and not 1 answer on the sauna/steam spa etc. Go figure:cool:

I am traveling on the Star October 14 to Bermuda. I have searched high and low for this answer and cannot find the info.

1. Does the Gym area have changing rooms and Sauna/steam?

2.If not does the thermal spa/lap pool/jacuzzi area have sauna steam and changing rooms.

3.I assume there is a charge.Does anyone know if it is daily or weekly and what is the cost?

4.If there is a charge can it be pre-booked or when you board?

5. Is there a limit to these passes like on the Epic?

out of 300 questions on the ask and answer for the Star there were 46 about hair dryers and not 1 answer on the sauna/steam spa etc. Go figure:cool:

1 :the gym does not sauna /steam

2: yes the thermal spa/lap pool/jacuzzi area have sauna steam and changing rooms.

3:both if i remember correctly it was 30 a day /99 special

4:when you board

5:yes there are only so many but when we went there were plenty left usually get it on the 1st day your there.

Hope this helps

1 :the gym does not sauna /steam

2: yes the thermal spa/lap pool/jacuzzi area have sauna steam and changing rooms.

3:both if i remember correctly it was 30 a day /99 special

4:when you board

5:yes there are only so many but when we went there were plenty left usually get it on the 1st day your there.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much, I have had the hardest time getting this info. I think that $99.00 is high but if you want the perks I guess it is better than $30.00 per day.

I figure that in Mid October going to Bermuda, that day 1 and day 6 may be too cool for outdoors and I may want to have use of the indoors.

Again, Thank you Joey:D

1. Does the Gym area have changing rooms and Sauna/steam? I know that there is no changing room - but unsure if there is a steam room like on other ships (free)

2.If not does the thermal spa/lap pool/jacuzzi area have sauna steam and changing rooms. Yes the spa does have all of these but the steam and sauna are in the locker rooms - not co-ed

3.I assume there is a charge.Does anyone know if it is daily or weekly and what is the cost? The charge for the weekly pass is 119 to 149 (I have heard different pricing given and our last cruise was 12 days so I can not compare). Daily passes approx $35 US are only available if the weekly passes have not sold out.

4.If there is a charge can it be pre-booked or when you board? You can not pre-book but you can purchase while you are waiting to board. Look for a table in the waiting area after check-in

5. Is there a limit to these passes like on the Epic? I have heard the limit is 100 weekly passes

out of 300 questions on the ask and answer for the Star there were 46 about hair dryers and not 1 answer on the sauna/steam spa etc. Go figure LOL :cool:

We are going on the 30th so I can update if something is different. I will check for a free steam in the gym. I know that they have one on the Jewel

We are going on the 30th so I can update if something is different. I will check for a free steam in the gym. I know that they have one on the Jewel

Thanks GMA Pat, I would love an update on all my questions when you get back. The price seems high but I guess the weekly would be my best option as they will probably sell out......100 passes for 2400 passengers....:eek:

I cruised Spirit in August and they had free in the gym/spa area. On Epic in 2010, it was $79.00 for a weeks pass. :o

Thank's again:cool:

Have a great cruise to Bermuda:

Here are some of my favorite pics:

1.Horseshoe Bay at sunset

2. Warwick long bay beach

3.Top of hill in St George

4.Horseshoe Bay at sunset

5.Elbow Beach

1451068855_HorshoeBayBeach.jpg.jpg.831ed4c8af5e72795da9fce3a80f2bb3.jpg

DSCF0554.jpg.c97ef7fbda25c7ca5629f087bb9e1df3.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg.0fa30cd36ba2edfed244a1af7d0e24e8.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg.60566e11a1b868371ae37adda4dfd72d.jpg

DSCF0531.jpg.78d4f96ad2ce6ab4052bfe790f08c4d6.jpg

We did not had 99 special when we boarded in August . It was 120$ for the week . Spa is not very impressive on the Star. There was a small lap pool got tub and hydra pool not sure exactly how it's called. There are some lounges with a great aft view a quet room with some soft chairs sauna steam room showers and changing room

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off- Spa was $119 for the week and we found it to be wonderful. Lap pool is only 3.5 ft deep made for laps but very enjoyable. Thermal jacuzzi with a lounge type seating and a regular jaccuzzi.

Ice water with oranges or lemons in it for flavor and an assortment of teas ( no milk)

Sauna and steam in the changing room.

Towels and robe for use in there.

Lots of friendly people as well :-)

Have a wonderful cruise! We loved the Star and the Star Spa!

:D

Archived