Jammin Catamaran Cruises or Tiami Cat Cruises

sunshine0716

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has anyone used this company? Thinking about booking their lunch cruise.

Look on TA for reviews. We went with Shasa Catameran last year. It was great!! Tiami is the one that the cruise ships uses. It is packed so full. I think it is better to go with a smaller company. We may try Jammin this year because Shasa is booked when we go.:)

Have used Tiami; awesome crew and experience, IF you want a snorkeling tour with a

large number of people?

I snorkeled at Barbados-with the turtles-via three different operators.

I personally prefer the excursions which have a capacity for only 12 people.

Much more personalized attention; the masses of snorkelers don't scare away the turtles.

Booked one of these smaller catamarans for our February 2013 Eclipse cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did Calabaza a few weeks ago and it was outstanding. A maximum of 12 guests. Drinks and food were flowing from the time we stepped foot on board - both served in glassware and on china. Super friendly crew, too. Would heartily recommend and plan on going again on a future trip to Barbados.

• 8 months later...
Look on TA for reviews. We went with Shasa Catameran last year. It was great!! Tiami is the one that the cruise ships uses. It is packed so full. I think it is better to go with a smaller company. We may try Jammin this year because Shasa is booked when we go.:)

If you are looking for a less crowded cat, Jammin may not be the right choice. We were also looking for a less crowded alternative to ship excursions and did their Full-Day Sun Blast 5.5 hour cruise (with lunch & open bar) and there were at least 30 adults, 6-8 young kids + crew. Felt a bit crowded, especially at the snorkel spots. Saw both Cool Runnings & Tiami and they looked far less crowded. Overall, we still managed to have a good time! :D

We were in Barbados last week and sailed with Elegance. I cannot say enough good things about Sarah and her crew. They took great care of us all day long. And to top it off, my DW said their rum punch was the best thing she had to drink all week!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 weeks later...
If you are looking for a less crowded cat, Jammin may not be the right choice. We were also looking for a less crowded alternative to ship excursions and did their Full-Day Sun Blast 5.5 hour cruise (with lunch & open bar) and there were at least 30 adults, 6-8 young kids + crew. Felt a bit crowded, especially at the snorkel spots. Saw both Cool Runnings & Tiami and they looked far less crowded. Overall, we still managed to have a good time! :D

We've been with Jammin. We had a fantastic day on our wedding anniversary and they gave us a bottle of champagne for after the swimming was done.

There were perhaps 12-15 of us as we were staying in Barbados not with a cruise. They were expecting a cruise group the following day and said there would be 80 passengers! Most of these cats are the same size and we've been on some with 60+ people -it was still great fun and people spread out all over the place. It's good in the water too.

Surely the brands with the better reputation would be more crowded anyway?

Mumsy.

Archived