Bottles of alcohol in room?

17andacruiseaddict

You are correct. I have done this many times. The only draw back is you must be in your cabin when they deliver and I waited 2 hours once on embarkation day. They will not deliver if you are not there to sign for it. I will pay the taxes from Bon Boyage now rather than the inconvienience of waiting for room service.

Also keep in mind if sailing out of Galveston, due to the liquor laws in TX, if you order Bon Voyage it may not be delivered until day 2. If you wait until you are in international waters, you can have it the evening of embarkation through room service.

I called Bon Voyage and asked them about ordering after arrival to ship and the girl said you cannot order it once you are on the ship. So how did you order it? I would rather wait and avoid the taxes since I'm usually too tired the day of Embarcation to drink without getting too sleepy anyway. Also, Don't they deliver any alcohol you buy in the duty free shop on the last day of your cruise? If doing a back to back would they still deliver the duty free booze bought on day 1-6 on the 7th day?

I called Bon Voyage and asked them about ordering after arrival to ship and the girl said you cannot order it once you are on the ship. So how did you order it? I would rather wait and avoid the taxes since I'm usually too tired the day of Embarcation to drink without getting too sleepy anyway. Also, Don't they deliver any alcohol you buy in the duty free shop on the last day of your cruise? If doing a back to back would they still deliver the duty free booze bought on day 1-6 on the 7th day?

We have ordered ours from room service on several occasions so she may be giving out incorrect information. I have asked my PVP the same question and he told me that you cannot order liquor from room service. We tried it anyway and it was delivered to our room with no problem. Again, it may be ship specific but we have done it on our last 3 sailings with CArnival. :)

Archived