Hiring a car/driver at port in Buenos Aires

cat-tav

I'm looking for information about spending my last day in Buenos Aires. Our flight home is 10:30 pm the night we disembark from our cruise. We would like to see the city rather than just hanging out at the airport all day, but we will have luggage to deal with. I know that it is possible to book a day tour in advance that will pick us up at the port and later drop us off at the airport. At other ports, we have hired a car and driver at the port for a day trip without reserving in advance. Has anyone done this in Buenos Aires? Are there reliable, possibly English-speaking drivers for hire at the port?

Are there reliable, possibly English-speaking drivers for hire at the port?
There are no reliable drivers at the port, English or Spanish speaking. Contact Tienda Manuel Leon

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/home.asp to book a remise (pvt car) to the airport (270 pesos or $45 at the black market rate of exchange) and ask if you can store your bags in their downtown (Retiro) office terminal while you explore the city. Hope this is not your first time in Buenos Aires. One should plan to spend a couple of days exploring this metropolis after going so far to get there.

Thanks for the advice. I think we'll probably take a post-cruise excursion through Celebrity that will allow us to see a little of the city and then visit an estancia.

pmacher61, due to work obligations, we have to return home immediately after the cruise, but we are flying in a few days early so we can see Iguazu Falls and spend a little time in Buenos Aires. A little time is better than no time at all!

Archived