Oasis in Falmouth and excursions

Havin'fun

Hi, I have asked this on the Jamaica and the disabled boards and have not really gotten any answers. Hopefully someone here can answer this. My DH has problems walking long distances. When Oasis is docked in Falmouth, how far of a walk is it to where you board the busses for ship sponsered excursions? I had called RCL and they said the busses are lined up right there when you walk off the ship. Yet someone put a post for this question on the disabled board that the busses are quite far away from the ship. So confused!

im sorry i cant fully answer the question.we where in falmouth a few days ago and i do not remember any kind of buses as we got off ship.I would assume the worst and think of the buses being at the exit to the port shopping area. once of the ship you enter area quickly and there are a bit of benches all the way to the end of area.it really depends on the severity of the lack of mobility,as for oasis herself shes big but and you should not underestimate the lenght of cabin deck hallways.

I would estimate it's about 300-400 feet from the ship to where the tour buses park.

I think it is much farther than 300 -400 ft. If I remember correctly, when you exit the ship, they direct you to the far end of the shopping area, so first you will need to walk about half the length of the ship to get to the entrance to the shopping area. The buses are at the other end of the shopping area from the entrance from the ship. I'll bet the shopping are is at least two football fields in length.. I would estimate that you will need to walk about 1/4 mile. I'm not sure if there are whellchairs abailable in the port.

I think it is much farther than 300 -400 ft. If I remember correctly, when you exit the ship, they direct you to the far end of the shopping area, so first you will need to walk about half the length of the ship to get to the entrance to the shopping area. The buses are at the other end of the shopping area from the entrance from the ship. I'll bet the shopping are is at least two football fields in length.. I would estimate that you will need to walk about 1/4 mile. I'm not sure if there are whellchairs abailable in the port.

This correct. We were there in March. Depending which end of the ship you disembark from, you walk back toward the customs building (close to the very end of the pier), go through the customs building, and out into the "courtyard" area, which then leaves you walking at least the entire length of the ship, plus some I would say, through all the shops, etc. to get to the tour bus area. When we were waiting for our tour, the back end of the ship was probably still 1-2 football field lengths away from where we were. Also consider what the temperature will be at the time you travel - heat can certainly make walking worse for someone with problems. By no means are they "right there when you walk off the ship".

Good luck! Hope you have a great cruise !! :)

Hi' date=' I have asked this on the Jamaica and the disabled boards and have not really gotten any answers. Hopefully someone here can answer this. My DH has problems walking long distances. When Oasis is docked in Falmouth, how far of a walk is it to where you board the busses for ship sponsered excursions? I had called RCL and they said the busses are lined up right there when you walk off the ship. Yet someone put a post for this question on the disabled board that the busses are quite far away from the ship. So confused![/quote']

Actually your question was answered on the Disabled Forum. You posted that your daughter could only walk 150-200Ft before having to rest. My reply stated that it was a considerable walk and that your duaghter would need wheelchair assistance. The other posted stated it was a lot farther than 150-200FT. S

FYI - was in Falmouth in November 2011 and there were no buses lined up right there when you walk off the ship. In fact no Buses are allowed in the direct port area as that's a secured area. You have to walk off the ship than proceed to a custon agent check point which is probably more than 200 ft from the ship. Than you proceed directly the port shopping area and have to walk outside the shopping area to board the buses which is considerably longer than 150-200Ft. Given that the Oasis is almost 4 football fields in length and you will exit the ship somewhere near the middle or back 3rd of the ship the walk is going to be a minimum of a least 1 football field in length at best.

Archived