Costa buffet and dining

judcost

This is our first cruise with Costa and I'm travelling with first timers with Costa who are use to cruise with RCL and Celebrity. They are a little worried of what is to come with the dinner menu and the buffet choices. Can anybody tell me about the choices on the buffet and does anybody have the dinner menus from Costa. We are actually doing the carribeans on Costa Luminosa.

The dinner buffet is the one area I really think Costa needs vast improvement. It varies, but is often only pizza and salad (which after several days, is often enough food as I want).

The restaurant menu is laid out in numerous courses, in European style. Good for group socializing during dinner, not so good for dine-and-dash.

Having said all that- I've never gone hungry, I've always found something I liked. But if you want to waddle from one 4,000 calorie meal to the next all day- Costa is not a good choice.

We just got off the Atalantica and this was a problem for us. There will be an evening buffet depending on the itinerary, i.e if the excursions are coming back late. Otherwise it's pizza or room service (club sandwich etc) We had evening buffet one night only, this is something that would put me off booking with Costa again.

you'll be cruising on an Italian line, with cultural diferences. to italinas, dinner is an event. why? there is a saying in italian: "no one ages at the table". italians don't 'do' "dine and dash". and where are you dashing off to?

as for sample menus, i posted some food pics and links to dinner menus somewhere on here. if you've cruised before, a lot of the menu choices will be familar one important difference is the nightly pasta/rissotto/gnocchi course on offer. these are some of the best items offerred.

These people who say a particular kind of food service is important to them- didn't their travel agent warn them? If not, time for a new travel agent.

Projunior's review of his Fascinosa cruise mentions a passenger who hadn't done their research. I would have had no sympathy whatsoever.

These people who say a particular kind of food service is important to them- didn't their travel agent warn them? If not, time for a new travel agent.

Projunior's review of his Fascinosa cruise mentions a passenger who hadn't done their research. I would have had no sympathy whatsoever.

could be the pax didn't ask the right question(s), either. the internet makes travel research soooo easy. i don't know how people did it before computers.

Kasi1979, you've sailed a few times with Costa, how did you enjoy the food and what were your choices? Did you do the carribeans with them? I've red that the menu is diffenrent than when they sail in Europe.

Hi,

we´ve cruised with Costa in the Med as well as the caribbeans.

The food differs from ship to ship in quality and presentation.

We´ve never had a pasta dish that was not delicious,

we also enjoy the different kinds of cheese, the desserts are hit or miss, as is the main course.

The starters offer a lot of different choices, all in all 6 courses are offered. Depending on the sizes of the different dishes, you may be able to eat all 6 or just 3.

The menu is pretty much the same on all cruises and I noticed differences only in single dishes, turkey on thanksgiving in the caribbean, surf & turf is also more often offered in these waters, wheras you´ll find more greek and italian dishes in the Med.

Considering all: I´ve never gone hungry. Where I do not like every single dish that they offer, I always find enough to eat my share. As I do not cruise with the goal of gaining as much weight as possible, I like the food.

And I´ve push comes to shove, I´ll stick to the spaghetti pomodori and the salmon, if I don´t like anything else I can eat these two dishes every night of the cruise ;)

thanks. busy day at work yesterday.

warning: no salmon served at breakfast. that upsets some people. eat what the italians would - some cured meats like salami and proscutto with cheese.

Wow hubby is gonna be disappointed!!! We're not difficult at all but he usually looks forward for that for breakfast.

Kasi1979, just like u we book looking at the itinerary and don't care much about the food. But we had the "great idea" of making this one a family thing and they are use to Celebrity.

Ok,

food is different from Celebrity.

If your family is up to trying something new, there should be no problem.

On my last cruises, salmon was offered on a few mornings, not every morning though.

We came to love the made-to-order omletts, as we usually have breakfast in the buffet, that´s where we are headed.

Don´t fred to much about food. As you don´t know ahead of time who is the chef aboard, it´s always a kind of suprise.

Parents of a friend of mine (both in their 60ies) cruise aboard Costa Luminosa this summer and thought the food to be fantastic :)

Wow hubby is gonna be disappointed!!! We're not difficult at all but he usually looks forward for that for breakfast.

Hi there, just got off the Deliziosa a few hours ago and I am full up to my eyeballs with smoked salmon. :) There were a few days it was missing but always available to your room for a charge.

We had a great time and I will be posting a review and answering questions as time permits. I have 2 weeks left of holidays...off to Oktoberfest!

Rob

Ok,

food is different from Celebrity.

If your family is up to trying something new, there should be no problem.

On my last cruises, salmon was offered on a few mornings, not every morning though.

We came to love the made-to-order omletts, as we usually have breakfast in the buffet, that´s where we are headed.

Don´t fred to much about food. As you don´t know ahead of time who is the chef aboard, it´s always a kind of suprise.

Parents of a friend of mine (both in their 60ies) cruise aboard Costa Luminosa this summer and thought the food to be fantastic :)

Hi there, just got off the Deliziosa a few hours ago and I am full up to my eyeballs with smoked salmon. :) There were a few days it was missing but always available to your room for a charge.

We had a great time and I will be posting a review and answering questions as time permits. I have 2 weeks left of holidays...off to Oktoberfest!

Rob

thanks for clearing up the salmon issue.

Cruisetrail - I have often read your comments - and was very puzzled - please do read my post - you might want to consider trying NeoRomantica - I now totally understand many of the posts you have made - have a read at my thoughts on my recent cruise.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1713254

Archived