Capital Parking Tampa

tattoos

Just back from a cruise on the Legend...we used Capital Parking in Tampa and it worked out perfectly. We arrived around 10:00 a.m. and there was no one in the parking lot so we just parked our vehicle and waited. The driver goes back and forth to Channelside (a 5 minute drive to the dock) and he might not be there when you arrive...not to worry, he'll be there shortly.

A tip I would like to mention, do not plan on arriving at the parking lot before 10:30 a.m. or you will have to wait. The driver does not start taking people to the dock until after 10:30 a.m., he brings people back from the ship until then. The security people would not let him drop us off in the unloading zone, it is just too small to accommodate the amount of limos and taxis dropping people off...so the driver drove around the corner and dropped us off at the pick up zone near the pizza restaurant and we walked (with all our luggage) through the parking garage and out the other side. This was a minor inconvenience but might be a major one for some people. Other than that, the parking lot is fenced in and surrounded by high-rise luxury condos but is not paved. The value for the money compared to paying exorbitant prices in the parking garage was well worth the minor inconvenience. When we disembarked, we pushed our luggage through the parking garage again and over to the sidewalk in front of the pizza store. The driver was super courteous and loaded and unloaded all the luggage.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to reply.

We were at the Fl Aquarium today, and around 12:00 I saw a capital van going through the drop off area. Maybe it was just too crowded at the time you got there??

What pizza place do you have to walk to. I dont remember seeing one right around the terminal. I plan on using Capital as well.

Why would security not let him drop you guys off at the unloading area? Isn't that where you are supposed to be dropped off? I would hate to think that we would have to be dropped off around the corner and walk all out luggage around.

We encountered the same issue when we were being dropped off last year. Very frustrating and they weren't very friendly about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I POSTED THE FOLLOWING ON ANOTHER THREAD.........JUST SAYING.......

We used Capital Parking for our Sept. 2 cruise. We have been home for one week and have had THREE pest control treatments on our car since it was infested by two different kinds of ants while it was parked at Capital parking. The lot was wide open and un-secured when we arrived at 10:15 am. We had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to show up. It was raining when we got back to Tampa. The lot was like a swamp, inches of water, so the van pulled up to a very, very small patch pf concrete to pull up to to get our luggage.

Sure, the price was cheap, about $30, but you get what you pay for. I would not use them again. I would rather have paid a few dollars more and not have an ant infested car.

We didn't have any problems with ant infestation in our car when we returned from our cruise.

They were so busy at the unloading area that the driver kept going around and around the block and kept trying to get into that area again but Security kept turning him away...that's why the driver gave up, apologized and dropped us off around the block because he had people to pick up to bring back to the parking lot.

I think the name of the pizza restaurant was Brick Pizza.

We paid $30 for the week.

Just back from a cruise on the Legend...we used Capital Parking in Tampa and it worked out perfectly. We arrived around 10:00 a.m. and there was no one in the parking lot so we just parked our vehicle and waited. The driver goes back and forth to Channelside (a 5 minute drive to the dock) and he might not be there when you arrive...not to worry, he'll be there shortly.

A tip I would like to mention, do not plan on arriving at the parking lot before 10:30 a.m. or you will have to wait. The driver does not start taking people to the dock until after 10:30 a.m., he brings people back from the ship until then. The security people would not let him drop us off in the unloading zone, it is just too small to accommodate the amount of limos and taxis dropping people off...so the driver drove around the corner and dropped us off at the pick up zone near the pizza restaurant and we walked (with all our luggage) through the parking garage and out the other side. This was a minor inconvenience but might be a major one for some people. Other than that, the parking lot is fenced in and surrounded by high-rise luxury condos but is not paved. The value for the money compared to paying exorbitant prices in the parking garage was well worth the minor inconvenience. When we disembarked, we pushed our luggage through the parking garage again and over to the sidewalk in front of the pizza store. The driver was super courteous and loaded and unloaded all the luggage.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to reply.

We have been leaning toward using Capital for parking in 2 weeks when we cruise the Legend.

Do you think the reason for the confusion was because you arrived at the parking area so early? We had planned on being there about 10 am also, but may change our plans. What time did he actually take you to the ship and about what time did you get to board if you remember?

Thanks for this post! I've been hoping someone would post something about Capital before I made my final decision.

We arrived at the parking lot at 10:00 a.m. and waited a few minutes for the van to return and he informed us that he would not be loading any passengers to drop them off at the terminal until 10:30 a.m. so we had to wait 1/2 hour. In the interim, he was going back and forth to the Port to pick up passengers and return them to the parking lot. He said the ship was late getting passengers off and Security would not let him unload passengers because of all the congestion in the unloading area...don't know what the problem was. It is only a 5 minute ride from the lot to the unloading zone.

Once we arrived at check-in, it was a quick, painless process and no lines. We are VIP Platinum members so from the time we entered the terminal to lunch on the Lido deck, maybe 25 minutes.

I think most of the offsite parking vendors, from what I read, have a meeting site for when you come home. Weird that they wont let them come in to the port. Anyway, I think the other poster may be right because as I said, I did see them come right in around noon and drop off. If its raining on the day of arrival back at the port, might be a pain. Is the entrance to the parking garage facing the port or do you have to walk farther to find it. The garage is pretty close. I think Im going to book them.

The pick-up/drop off area in front of Red Brick Pizza is on a street (12th?? maybe you can Mapquest it) that is on the opposite side of the parking lot from the unloading area, the driver just drove past the unloading area, turned left around the parking garage and parked in front of Red Brick Pizza. We just crossed the street right into the parking garage and out thru a side exit and we were right at the Legend unloading area, a quick two minute walk which is what you'd have to do even if you parked in the garage. I'm sure that if you arrive later, around Noon, most of the congestion will have eased up and the driver might be able to drop you off at the unloading area. The short walk thru the parking garage was no hardship for us but I mentioned it only as a precaution.

If you click on the link on their website for additional information, the daily fee is quoted as $3.99 so I don't know which fee is accurate, maybe you can give them a call. Even if they are now charging $7.99, that is still only half of what you would pay parking in the garage.

The Port of Tampa is not the same as the one in Miami or Port Canaveral where the Port is a separate entity. In Miami or Port Canaveral, you enter the port area and there are no stores, no restaurants, etc. In Tampa, the port area is wide open and is surrounded by the Florida Aquarium, convention center, office buildings, restaurants, parking garage, etc. The drop-off area is tiny and Security was only allowing a certain number of vehicles at a time into that tiny area and waving everyone else off and people were circling the parking garage until they were allowed access.

just back from a cruise on the legend...we used capital parking in tampa and it worked out perfectly. We arrived around 10:00 a.m. And there was no one in the parking lot so we just parked our vehicle and waited. The driver goes back and forth to channelside (a 5 minute drive to the dock) and he might not be there when you arrive...not to worry, he'll be there shortly.

A tip i would like to mention, do not plan on arriving at the parking lot before 10:30 a.m. Or you will have to wait. The driver does not start taking people to the dock until after 10:30 a.m., he brings people back from the ship until then. The security people would not let him drop us off in the unloading zone, it is just too small to accommodate the amount of limos and taxis dropping people off...so the driver drove around the corner and dropped us off at the pick up zone near the pizza restaurant and we walked (with all our luggage) through the parking garage and out the other side. This was a minor inconvenience but might be a major one for some people. Other than that, the parking lot is fenced in and surrounded by high-rise luxury condos but is not paved. The value for the money compared to paying exorbitant prices in the parking garage was well worth the minor inconvenience. When we disembarked, we pushed our luggage through the parking garage again and over to the sidewalk in front of the pizza store. The driver was super courteous and loaded and unloaded all the luggage.

If you have any questions, i'd be happy to reply.

i followed your directions and found your post. Thanks for your info, i know it will come in handy. Even though we live very near tampa i wasn't sure about the security question - official parking garage was way too expensive. Thanks for your info.

Jean

If you click on the link on their website for additional information, the daily fee is quoted as $3.99 so I don't know which fee is accurate, maybe you can give them a call. Even if they are now charging $7.99, that is still only half of what you would pay parking in the garage.

I spoke to Jonathan (one of the shuttle drivers) for Capital today. According to him, the prices have been raised to $7.99 per day as of about 4 or 5 days ago.

I was bummed because I had been waiting on some people to return from the Legend on Sunday to find out what their experience was with Capital before I booked. He said you could use the Cruise4 code for the discount, but when i did that it is showing $3.99 for the discount - not a full days discount of $7.99.

He is going to bring this to the attention of the owners and see what they are willing to do about this. He said he had already tried to get them to not raise their prices on people who had already been in contact with him, but to no avail.

I guess now I'll be paying about $28.00 more than if I had booked last week - but like everyone says - still cheaper than parking at the port!

Hope this helps anyone who is looking to use Capital.

I'll post my experience when we return from our cruise later in October.

Archived