Open bar cruise?

rok233

[quote name='ksuds']We were also on the open bar cruise last weekend, and we will be back on with the same group on the 28th. We aren't involved, but we were given the option to "buy in" to the open bar cruise.

We spoke with the F&B MGR and Hotel Director and the drink per diem breaks down to 50.00 per day per person. Considering how much they all drank, some people really made out. But in the end, RCL is the big profit winner. Yes, I agree, they also told us this was the larges money making cruise they've had yet.

There were 580 open bar passengers last weekend, and this weekend will have over 300+.[/QUOTE]

Oh hi there, Karen! :) And here I thought it was over 600 of them. It seemed like half the ship to me. ;)

Gina

I know there are many posts about groups and it comes with the package but I wonder if they would let you know in advance for a group like this. For a cruiseline that is marketing to familys so much having over 500 people with access to an open bar seams to not be the best experience they are trying to promote.

"Mommy is that Shrek?"
"No hunny that is just a man who's had 13 beers before lunch. When you do that you turn green just like Shrek!"

[quote name='Karter']Not sure how good a deal this really is. I am on the Sept 28th cruise and booked it during the Tuesday sale at $129 for a window cabin.

So $419-$129 = $290 If you assume $8 per drink then it comes out to 36 drinks or 12 per day. I know I couldn't drink that much and have any time to enjoy the cruise.[/quote]

12 :eek:

[quote name='dz9yvr']It doesn't surprise me, this is what I would expect. I hope everyone that what's an unlimited drink package reads your post. Sure, everyone can say they don't act like a drunken jerk, but there will be enough drunken jerks to make it miserable for a lot of the other cruisers.

Please no more unlimted drink cruises or packages.[/QUOTE]

After reading the post, it makes me want the drink packages even more. If they make it a common option, it will become less of an "event", and more commonplace. I think that the reason there is such of a "dorm room" atmosphere on these cruises, is because people know that nothing comes cheap on a cruise. So when they hear the words "OPEN BAR CRUISE", they already have a pre-inclination to go nuts, and drink to excess, because it doesn't happen often. I think that if they made it available on every single sailing, it would lose it's flair, and people wouldn't party so hard. Plus, thinking that an option for an unlimited drink package would turn every cruise into "spring break", is a really stretched opinion. It just wouldn't happen. The people who are going to drink to excess, are going to do it anyway. The "Open Bar Cruise" ideal makes them go a step further. If it's always an option to have an "open bar", it will lose it's taboo nature, just like having a beer before you turn 21.

[quote name='cgags47']After reading the post, it makes me want the drink packages even more. If they make it a common option, it will become less of an "event", and more commonplace. I think that the reason there is such of a "dorm room" atmosphere on these cruises, is because people know that nothing comes cheap on a cruise. So when they hear the words "OPEN BAR CRUISE", they already have a pre-inclination to go nuts, and drink to excess, because it doesn't happen often. I think that if they made it available on every single sailing, it would lose it's flair, and people wouldn't party so hard. Plus, thinking that an option for an unlimited drink package would turn every cruise into "spring break", is a really stretched opinion. It just wouldn't happen. The people who are going to drink to excess, are going to do it anyway. The "Open Bar Cruise" ideal makes them go a step further. If it's always an option to have an "open bar", it will lose it's taboo nature, just like having a beer before you turn 21.[/quote]

I agree. :)

Archived