Cinque Terre

Canuckjammer

Just had tomorrows tour to Cinque Terre cancelled by Princess due to landslide between Manarola and Riomaggiore. I can't find any info online. Does anyone how bad it is or if it's still possible to tour there independently?

Thanks for any updates! I'm currently on Ruby.

I just posted on the other thread about the rock slide (not mud slide) that happened earlier today: http://ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2012/09/24/Survivor-Cinque-Terre-rock-slide-thanks-miracle-_7523340.html

What port are you trying to get to Cinque Terre from? This rock slide has closed the lover's walk temporarily, but everything else will be operating as usual.

Here is the official notice that the Via dell'Amore is closed until further notice: http://www.parco****onale5terre.it/news_dett.asp?id_prodotto=2876&id_lingue=1

I did manage to take train to La Spezzia, then another train to Monterosso. In my short time there I got to see Vernazza and Riomaggiore as well. The Via dell'Amour is still closed and all oth trails are currently unadvised. I'm currently on train back to Livorno.

Thanks again for help and advice!

I was on the Pacific Princess a week ago and took this tour...it was the worst tour I've ever taken...so consider yourself lucky that you don't have to spend $147 to take the tour. We were in Manarola 10 minutes (I bought a postcard) did walk to Rioaggiore but didn't visit the town...they made us get on yet another boat to the first town (very dirty and touristy) where we had about 40 minutes to look around and have something to eat. Most of the day we were either on a bus, ferry, boat, train, and bus...then tender back to the ship. Take the train.

Archived