best time of year for a med cruise?

jeschwartz82

It really depends on how well you cope with the heat. Some of the ports can be quite strenuous - Athens this August was 105F. and some places like Ephesus have little or no shade

It shoud be a little cooler in late May and June and the days will be longer. Personally I would go for early June or mid September.

I would guess May or September and early October. We went in late June this year and it was hot!! Walking around Rome and Florence was made difficult because of the extreme heat and humidity. It was great while we were on the ship but the ports were uncomfortable. It is a very port intensive cruise so some cooler weather would be good. We went in June because it was convenient for us plus it was the only the Breeze's second sailing. It still had that new ship smell.

We did this in late July this year and it was very hot and crowded in all the ports and the ship was very crowded with over 1000 under 18s on board. We had no choice on dates because we have school age kids.

If I could choose, I would go in early June, or late September, because the temperature is more comfortable, the ports/ship less crowded, and the fares cheaper.

We had a brilliant time though, and I hope you do too, whenever you choose to travel.:)

We did a 11 day last summer .It hit 90+ every day but we enjoyed it. This was on RC's Mariner and we noticed very few kids.

Although you would think prices would be cheaper in the Fall/Winter/Spring, I'm not sure this is true.

There are so many ships in the Med during the last couple of summers that prices can be crazylow.

We paid less then 100 per day for a balcony. Three couple cruising this summer paid similar amounts.

The prices started high but dropped and dropped some more.

As many ships leave for Florida and the Caribbean in the late Fall,prices for the ships remaining in Europe have not gone down.

One other issue to consider is airfare. Prices for summer flights are still very high.

Perhaps they are less during the rest of the year.

Archived