Laundry on 12 day cruise??

camella

We are planning a 12 day cruise to the Baltic this summer and I understand there are no self serve laundry facilities on board! OUCH!! with five of us, packing should be quite a challenge. I know we could send it to be cleaned but man, that's gonna be expensive! Any ideas?

Which ship are you sailing? Some ships offer a bag of laundry, as much as you can stuff in it, for a certain amount, like say $12. Other than that, take some Woolite with you and wash out what you can in the sink, ugh!!!!!!! I always try to pick a ship with self service laundries, especially on longer cruises. Hope this helps, good luck and have a great cruise.

We are sailing on the new ship for RCL Jewel of the Seas. I know that sometimes they have those specials, my travel agent told me about that, but she said it's usually one of the days at sea. I just checked the itinerary and there's a day at sea on the fourth day, so maybe we can do it then!

I second the idea of taking along some woolite. I used it a few times last summer on our 11 day cruise in the Med. As hot as it was I appreciated being able to wash some things and dry them on our balcony.

I also packed a lot, so as not to have to do much "laundry" during my vacation.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise!

Ally

Brilliance of the Seas....June 2003

We went on a 14 day Baltic/Scandinavian cruise last summer with a two day add-on in Copenhagen, and didn't have to do laundry.

Pack light, and don't obsess about having a different outfit for every occasion. Do the mix and match thing.

We went on a 12 day cruise last summer on the Millennium. I think I spent $10 and got several items washed including dress shirts and slacks. They came back clean and ironed. I considered washing them myself but then I'd still have to worry about ironing. In the end having them clean and iron them was easier then doing it myself or buying extra clothes.

Camella,

We are also on the Jewel, sailing June 21. For our itinerary, the first sea day isn't until day 6 (I think)...we're doing the British Isles route, you're probably doing the Northern Capitals route?

If you sail before us, I'd certainly appreciate hearing how you made out with the laundry situation. If you sail after us, I'll do the same.

Thanks. -Tracy

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - W. Caribbean (6/00)
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska (5/03)
RCCL Jewel of the Seas - N. Europe (6/04)

Archived