Norwegian Star Food September 23-30 2012

xenagurl

Thanks everyone!

I would have posted more while I was there, but I was eating my way to, through and from Bermuda! :D

You're all going to love the food. Chef Barrington is on board and his take on the menu is great!

Some more photos and there are more on my blog too!

8039775983_fd74db5e1f_z.jpg

8039781414_37af5cfff4_z.jpg

8039776597_17d34fca60_z.jpg

Xena, you're a quick one-- so much posted already! LOL!

It was GREAT to meet you in person. And since you're too modest to boast about it, I'm telling your big news:

Hey, Everybody-- Xena won the Dancing with the Stars competition on board our cruise! I wasn't there that night (I'm old; I go to bed early!), but I saw it on TV the next day and was so excited!

Xena, you're a quick one-- so much posted already! LOL!

It was GREAT to meet you in person. And since you're too modest to boast about it, I'm telling your big news:

Hey, Everybody-- Xena won the Dancing with the Stars competition on board our cruise! I wasn't there that night (I'm old; I go to bed early!), but I saw it on TV the next day and was so excited!

It was great to meet you both too!

LOL Thanks! It was so much fun!!!! Hopefully I worked off some of what I ate!

Hopefully we'll see each other again on another cruise in the future!

Hey we just got off Gem this morning so we watched Star come in behind us!

We noticed the Gem there as we were walking through the terminal. I wished I could have jumped right on. I hope that you had a wonderful cruise! :D

You write well and Dance too? Why am I not surprised!

Thank you for the pictures. I can not wait till our Jan 27th 2013 Star cruise.

Thanks rowdyrose :D - they both keep me sane...of a sort...Ha!

Happy Cruising I know you'll have a great time!

Great pictures! Im starving now!

Me too! I sat around yesterday thinking "I'm hungrrrrrrry, who will feed meeeee". I had to go to Trader Joe's for some ready made meals today. Ha!

Love your food pics xenagurl!

Can you tell me if the Star offered a complimentary bottle of wine at speciality restaurants for early dining (5:30 or 6:00)? They had that offer in August when we were on the Jewel and we have 14 day cruise on the Star coming up.

Thanks!

So glad you posted this! I think NCL has been slowly improving their food, paying more attention to providing luxurious tasting food. I thought our Dawn cruise in Dec. 11 had THE best food I'd experienced on NCL, including our first cruise with them in 2000. I dare anyone to look at your blog and say the food is "awful, inedible, we almost starved."

So glad you posted this! I think NCL has been slowly improving their food, paying more attention to providing luxurious tasting food. I thought our Dawn cruise in Dec. 11 had THE best food I'd experienced on NCL, including our first cruise with them in 2000. I dare anyone to look at your blog and say the food is "awful, inedible, we almost starved."

Was on the Star 9/23 and thought thr food had greatly improved since last cruise. Even the desserts tasted as good as they looked.

I have to agree with you both. I've always liked the food but on this cruise I did a lot of "this is sooooo good" some of it had to do with the preparation style. That might have had to do with Chef Barrington in which case they should give him a promotion.

And thanks for the compliment weltek, the challenge was taking enough photos before my taste buds took over, I ate everything and then went to get some more! LOL

Love your food pics xenagurl!

Can you tell me if the Star offered a complimentary bottle of wine at speciality restaurants for early dining (5:30 or 6:00)? They had that offer in August when we were on the Jewel and we have 14 day cruise on the Star coming up.

Thanks!

Thank you! That was the offer that came with the coupon right? They definitely could have but I hadn't thought about printing that out! Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in with the answer.

Most of the wine I drank was at one of the parties. (Latitudes etc) It's really nice meeting the staff and officers, but I think I mainly go for the booze. :p

Thanks for the post. We sail Feb 17 2013 on the Star out of New Orleans.

Can't wait.

Just starting to get into the planning. Boy, that food sure looked good.

Sure thing. :) Have a great trip!

Funny thing is yesterday I made some fish and for some weird unexplainable reason I thought it was going to taste like one of the dishes that was on board. Sadly...didn't happen...but I had the nerve to be surprised! LOL :D

Thank you! That was the offer that came with the coupon right? They definitely could have but I hadn't thought about printing that out! Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in with the answer.

Most of the wine I drank was at one of the parties. (Latitudes etc) It's really nice meeting the staff and officers, but I think I mainly go for the booze. :p

Actually it wasn't a coupon. It was in the Freestyle Daily.

I just gained ten pounds looking at your pictures and reading the menus and I still have just over 40 days before our cruise on the Star.

LOL :D Glad I could uh...help! Have a wonderful trip!

Actually it wasn't a coupon. It was in the Freestyle Daily.

I just looked at them and unless I'm missing it, that offer doesn't seem to be in there anymore.

Archived