Norwegian Star Food September 23-30 2012

xenagurl

May I ask what dining venue you had the tilapia and greens with the cream sauce? Also, are the lunch menues in the main dining room similar to the Cagney's lunch menu? Thanks!

The Tilapia with greens was in Versailles the largest of the two MDRs.

No those two lunch menus are definitely different. I think that I have both (or parts of both) on my blog. If not I'll add them soon.

I REALLY want to view your blog.. however, when I go to it, I can only see the blog and pictures in a small box in the middle of the screen.

Do you have any suggestions on changing the view of hee page?

I REALLY want to view your blog.. however, when I go to it, I can only see the blog and pictures in a small box in the middle of the screen.

Hmmm I'm not sure what you're seeing but do you mean like the first attached photo? It's set up to show that way (and be scrolled through) and the size of the box will vary based upon the monitor size that it's being viewed on. But if you click on the photos in the gallery below (2nd photo) they will show individually, but I have re-sized them so that they're not too large both file wise and general size.

Was that what you meant or are the photos not showing at all? I haven't checked the site on IE, but it seems to be okay with Chrome and Firefox.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! :)

63130533_ScreenShot2012-10-04at8_05_02PM.jpg.9c815393303732122fe335e4238735a8.jpg

1634464949_ScreenShot2012-10-04at8_06_39PM.jpg.1330606569f3dce7d4e21710458135de.jpg

Same here (in IE). I really like you blog but it's not very reader friendly:)

I'm not talking about the photos that you can click on individually and see the bigger pic. It's about the text that is placed in the box in the middle of the screen (the first pic in your previous post) that you have to constantly scroll down to read.

I'd love to have the text on full screen, it would make it much easier to read. But I think it's the blog design which I'm not sure you can change.

I'm not talking about the photos that you can click on individually and see the bigger pic. It's about the text that is placed in the box in the middle of the screen (the first pic in your previous post) that you have to constantly scroll down to read.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. Currently the box size does change depending on monitor size and can indeed be huge, but I may work with tweaking the code in the future so see if that can be larger upon default. :)

Your blog looked fine in IE to me. Hm.

Thank you weltek. :) I think that it could be an IE version issue as well as monitor size. I'm looking into seeing how that middle box can be made bigger initially so that those viewing it on a smaller screen will be able to see the contents easier.

Love your food pics xenagurl!

Can you tell me if the Star offered a complimentary bottle of wine at speciality restaurants for early dining (5:30 or 6:00)? They had that offer in August when we were on the Jewel and we have 14 day cruise on the Star coming up.

Thanks!

When I was on the Gem in June Every specialty restaurant gave a free bottle of wine for 5:30 or 6pm seatings. No coupons needed.

Even Teppanyaki,and the wine was fine.:)

So glad you posted this! I think NCL has been slowly improving their food, paying more attention to providing luxurious tasting food. I thought our Dawn cruise in Dec. 11 had THE best food I'd experienced on NCL, including our first cruise with them in 2000. I dare anyone to look at your blog and say the food is "awful, inedible, we almost starved."

Gee, the food in the photos to me looks decent but far from outstanding. Nice photos, though.

I think maybe i must always eat in substandard restaurants... as those pics looked AMAZING to me! :)

Xenagurl - all I can say is wow. I have 52 long days till my cruise on the Star. I'm going to share your thread with our M & G bunch. I have always enjoyed reading your reviews. Thanks for being so thorough.

Thank you both. :)

And Bon Voyage Wildcatllamas it'll be here before you know it!

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Star yesterday and we found the food to be excellent! It was much better than on our cruise last year! Our group of 13 agreed that the food was very good to excellent in every venue we ate in...Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, Cagneys, La Cucina, and all of the free dining options! Enjoy!

Archived