What time are cabins available?

Bibble

Take a walk down the hall of your cabin some time after 12:30 or so. Chances are you'll find your cabin already ready, and your room steward will be in the general vicinity. Just make sure he/she doesn't have a problem with it (they won't if they're done) and you're good to go.

That's what we did on the Star last November. Seems to me it was about 12:40 or so when we dropped off our carry-ons and took a breather out on the balcony.

(And judging by how far down the hall from our cabin the steward was when we found him, I'd bet our cabin was ready 30 minutes before that.)

Last year on the Spirit, our cabin was ready as soon as we boarded. In fact, we got onboard and went right to the elevator to our cabin. A very nice crew member met us at the elevator on our deck and asked if he could help us get our bags into our cabin and took them and brought them in for us....not sure of the time, but we got to the port early and were in the second group to board, and they were ready then. :) I was impressed!

I know NCL is working on a new program to have cabins ready when you board. That said as posted they have always been ready by 2:00 and most cruises sooner.

Does that mean that everyone has to leave the cabin earlier on debarkationday? For me it's more important to be able to keep the cabin a little longer the last morning than to get the cabin early the first day.

Everyone out of the cabins by about 9am so they can get them ready.

Usually you can't just roam down the halls now to see if the cabins are ready. They now have the doors closed and they were guarded the last two or three cruises. Just wait for the announcements, it won't take long.:D

Archived