Best transportation from Port Canaveral to Disney

kahliasmom

We disembark from the Freedom on Sunday, January 6th. It will cost less to fly out on a Monday so we are going to Disney for two days and one night! I have rewards dollars and 7 day no expiration park passes already! We can use Magic Express to the airport going home but not from Port Canaveral. What would be the quickest and least expensive way to get to Disney World Resort.

We disembark from the Freedom on Sunday, January 6th. It will cost less to fly out on a Monday so we are going to Disney for two days and one night! I have rewards dollars and 7 day no expiration park passes already! We can use Magic Express to the airport going home but not from Port Canaveral. What would be the quickest and least expensive way to get to Disney World Resort.

Consider a one-way car rental. There are several car rental agencies (Hertz, Avis, Budget) that have offices near Port Canaveral. They will pick you up at the cruise terminal and take you to the rental office for free. You can drop the car at the airport.

Sounds like I will look into getting a rental. I only need one from the port to my Disney Hotel. I will using Magic Express to get to the airport since I'll be staying at a Disney Rosort Hotel. I think I have read online that I can drop the car off at Downtown Disney. I want to get to Disney asap, so maybe I'll turn the car in at the end of the day.

• 4 years later...

We do the one-way car rental too, but typically we look at Alamo or National since their offices are onsite at WDW, at the Dolphin. This allows us to easy access to Disney transportation immediately after drop off or walk over to Epcot if you want.

We've used Budget, but only once. The Doubletree is close to Disney Springs, but there's still a walk just to get back to Disney Springs to catch a bus to get back to the parks, hotel, or wherever I was headed at WDW. It's not a really long walk (maybe 10min?), but if you use this option, I'd drop the rest of the family off wherever you're going for the day and then meet them there.

I wouldn't rule out Budget, but unless it was a lot cheaper, I'd stick with the ones located at the Dolphin just for convenience. especially if I was only there for two days.