Chankanaab watching friends do the dolphins?

Wimpinthewater35

Are people allowed to be on the dock watching others do the dolphin encounter or are spectators kept away from the area?

I am not sure if you can go down the dock where the swimmers get in the water, but you can easily see the action from the shore. You should not have any problems watching. Enjoy, We have been there many times and love the place. Several years ago a hurricane almost destroyed the entire park, but they have built outback nicely. The gardens have taken a little longer, but you will love it.

When I went this past January, you could pay $5 to go down the dock where they were doing the dolphin swims. At the time, the swimmers could have an underwater camera, but the spectators cold not take pictures. I had a friend go there in may, and she said they did not allow the swimmers or spectators to have cameras.

The different areas are sectioned off and the deck sits up high. I can't imagine anyone back at the dock/pier/land area being able to see any of the swims. It goes pretty far out.

Here is an overall view of the entire park at Chankanaab. If you see the area that goes out in the water, you can tell by looking at the size just how large that area is. Then picture someone standing at the dock area and how far it would be. :o

cove.jpg

Archived