Olives & Ouzo 30th Oct-Weather

Mower Lady

I'm looking at the Olives & Ouzo cruise sailing from Palma and ending up at Limassol from 30th oct-7th nov. As its quite late in the season I'm wondering what the weather is likely to be, especially how rough the sea is. I really like the itinary, but having been on a Colourful Coasts cruise where it was so rough we couldn't even land in Agadir, I'm being a bit cautious. Also where on the Island Escape is best to escape the worse of the movement. Any advice gratefully received as whilst other half would be happy even in a hurrican, I'm definately not! :)

The best position is definitely in the middle of the ship probably no higher than Deck 6....we had this area in June and it was very comfortable on the one choppy night we had!!:)

I would have thought the weather should be OK and still warm but who can tell what the sea state will be?? We will be sailing through to the Suez the week before so am hoping it will be calm but you can never tell...remember it's the Med and not the Atlantic, which you experienced on the Colourful Coasts, so should be calmer than that. :)

Try and think positive !!

I don't think there is one that shows specifically what cabins are available...but on the Thomson website it might say 'only 4 cabins left' or if you want local airport it might say '6 seats left'...you won't know what cabins are available until you pay your 39 pounds to book a specific cabin!! if all the insides are sold they won't be offered for sale of course !!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RR. Thanks fro the well wishes and of course I'll give Danni a cuddle for you :D so unorganised this time only just packed can't find our ehic card thing but got the numbers , printer has been playing up so only just managed to print our( still don't like them , doesn't feel like a proper ticket) and really really worried about the weather and the rockin and the rollin. But on the plus side Danni comes home with us next week :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update now we're back. Had an absolutely brilliant cruise, will definately sail on Island Escape (if we get the chance), its such a friendly ship, yes the cabins have seen better days but thats a minor detail, everything else about it is spot on. The weather was very kind in the end, just a bit rainy at Palma but lovely from then onwards. This is a great itinenary calling at some really interesting places, would happily do it again.

Archived