What the heck happened to the price???

whisker2193

I have never followed early saver pricing before but we booked it for Breeze in the spring so I have been watching faithfully. We paid $2407 for 3 in a cove. The price went down last weekend to $2344. I applied for and got my credit (yeah!). Today I looked and the ES price is up to $3237! That's an $830 increase frm the ORIGINAL price! The past guest rate is still at $2567 which seems more in line. Has anyone encountered this or is this an anomaly...or a mistake? :confused:

Yes, I noticed this too. Yesterday and today, during their sale, the ES is up almost $300 per person for our 3 person balcony room. The 4 person rooms were way up too, but not the 2 person ones. I think it won't last or maybe as the other person said, maybe just a hiccup in the system.

Yes, I noticed this too. Yesterday and today, during their sale, the ES is up almost $300 per person for our 3 person balcony room. The 4 person rooms were way up too, but not the 2 person ones. I think it won't last or maybe as the other person said, maybe just a hiccup in the system.

That is a pretty long hiccup. The prices have been messed up over a day!

I have never followed early saver pricing before but we booked it for Breeze in the spring so I have been watching faithfully. We paid $2407 for 3 in a cove. The price went down last weekend to $2344. I applied for and got my credit (yeah!). Today I looked and the ES price is up to $3237! That's an $830 increase frm the ORIGINAL price! The past guest rate is still at $2567 which seems more in line. Has anyone encountered this or is this an anomaly...or a mistake? :confused:

No Many of us noticed the same thing!! We're booked on the Breeze as well for next April , we got a great price with ES, looking now it's almost $1,000 more !! Yeah CRAZY!!! I know some have said it may be due to a glitch in the system..

If the Early Saver rate is more than the other rates ........ can't you just get the ES and then immediately put in for the difference?

I did this yesterday ........ hope it works.:o

That would get you to a net 0. They give you the difference in a credit to your sign and sail account to use on the ship. It is the same as booking the lower rate then setting that extra money aside for the cruise. You don't get anything extra.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

If the Early Saver rate is more than the other rates ........ can't you just get the ES and then immediately put in for the difference?

in my case, the sale rates don't beat my original early saver rate. but i see what you're saying. if it did, i'd apply for a reduction.

I was thinking about doing the same. Let me know how you made out.

That would get you to a net 0. They give you the difference in a credit to your sign and sail account to use on the ship. It is the same as booking the lower rate then setting that extra money aside for the cruise. You don't get anything extra.

It would give you the benefits of the early saver program

Yes, that is exactly what you would do. Now, because booked ES, you may continue to price match past final payment date. If you don't spend all your OBC, you will be refunded the difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's not true. You get the benefit of being able to price match until 24 hours before you cruise, and price drops after final payment date can be significant. I have over $400 in OBC for my Oct cruise, and most of that has come in the last 30 days. If I don't spent that money, it will be refunded to me at the end of the cruise.

I also filled out the form and submitted for a price drop on our cruise - how long did it take till you knew you got the credit? Do they email you or does it just show up on your booking?

The ES prices have been way up most of this week. I guess it is not a hiccup after all. Past Guest and the sale rates are way below ES.

Definitely not a hiccup. If a major company cannot fix an error like this rather quiickly, then I am starting to think it is some kind of test to see what they can pull off with prices.

Definitely not a hiccup. If a major company cannot fix an error like this rather quiickly, then I am starting to think it is some kind of test to see what they can pull off with prices.

I've been checking the prices of our march 2013 cruise from san juan because a friend of mine got the price drop in her 2 ppl balcony. There are 4 of us in our balcony and the early saver price went UP $300 per person. I can't believe that Carnival is not fixing this error, because any NEW bookings could book 4 people into 2 balconies cheaper than 4 people into 1 balcony. Just doesn't make sense.

Archived