Live from the Island Princess

Leo Mcgary

We had an easy drive to San Mateo where we were able to park our car while on our cruise (Free and Safe); Super Shuttle picked us promptly at 10:30 and had us to Pier 35 in about 20 minutes. Passengers from the 2 day cruise were still disembarking so they wouldn’t let anyone check-in till about noon, no worries the embarcadero is a great place for people watching.

IMG_0006_zpscc3ff6ad.jpg

We have never cruised out of S.F., so we weren’t exactly sure what to expect, the whole process (from the time we got our cruise card to the time we got to our room) only took about 20 minutes. It helps to be in boarding group one! I will say one thing about Pier 35 it is quite the labyrinth of escalators, stairs and finally a staired gangway to board the ship.

IMG_0010_zps8f070d5c.jpg

Good Morning we are steaming south at 21 knots and are somewhere between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles, it’s still overcast but is much warmer, today will be our first sea-day. We had a lite dinner last night at the buffet , food was good ,our bed was comfy so we both slept well , there has been some mention on previous threads about a vibration that was felt in the aft cabins, we hardly noticed it. We have our meet and greet scheduled for this afternoon and then our first of 3 formal nights.

from the back of Dolphin deck

IMG_0078_zpse6851bdf.jpg

So excited to see another "Live from Island Princess". My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on a partial transit on the Island in April 2013. We are in a mini suite mid starboard. Anxious to hear about food and excursions. Have a wonderful cruise!!

Good afternoon Princess Fans, So far this cruise is just awesome. The sun broke through the clouds yesterday by mid morning, made for a great day of lounging by the pool and getting a little sun. We had a great turnout for the Meet and Greet- about 60 people showed up. The Bordeaux D.R. (Anytime) was our choice for dinner last night, DW had the medallions of filet and I had the shrimp Diane, both were wonderful.

All the crew so far has been very helpful, and all seem to be very happy to be sailing in warmer waters. Still finding places on the ship we haven’t seen yet. It’s hard to tell that there are 1900 passengers on the ship. It just doesn’t that crowded. Today is another sea –day, we listened to a brief lecture about Cabo San Lucas given by our port lecturer William Fall and then had a nice lunch in the B.D.R.

The Sunrise this AM

IMG_0087_zps1db0d0fe.jpg

IMG_0079_zps364730c6.jpg

Gorgeous! What a way to wake up inthe morning. Could you possibly post pics of the min suite as well? Will be on the Island Nov 2. Thank you for the pics and narrative. Can't wait for more.

So excited to see another "Live from Island Princess". My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on a partial transit on the Island in April 2013. We are in a mini suite mid starboard. Anxious to hear about food and excursions. Have a wonderful cruise!!

There is plenty of space, the sitting area is a nice bonus , here are a few pictures.

IMG_0092_zps75023ff9.jpg

IMG_0091_zps8e325e82.jpg

IMG_0090_zps7f2b5c2a.jpg

Looks like the Island has the new balcony furniture. You seem like a "glass half-full" kinda guy, what's your opinion of it? Can you sit out and enjoy a glass of wine on it? :) Some people don't deal well with change.... others only complain when it's unbearable. Would be nice to know where it registers on your "sit-o-meter".

Leo, I was thinking of you on Friday and sort of watching for you. I didn't think I would stand a chance of spotting you. I was working at the pier on Friday, directing people to the health forms.

My DH and I are sailing on the Island in Nov. from FT. Lauderdale to LA, so I will enjoy reading about your experience.

We'll be sailing on the Island Princess 11/12 from Ft. Lauderdale. We're flying in 2 days early and with your review and Pam's review you're getting all of us more excited. Heck, I'm ready to pack. Your pictures are good. We live about 3 hours from San Francisco - east where it's very hot today. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures on the Island Princess. BTW, we will be on the Aloha deck aft - practically the last cabin aft. We don't care as long as we have an unobstructed view balcony.

Looks like the Island has the new balcony furniture. You seem like a "glass half-full" kinda guy, what's your opinion of it? Can you sit out and enjoy a glass of wine on it? :) Some people don't deal well with change.... others only complain when it's unbearable. Would be nice to know where it registers on your "sit-o-meter".

Yes..absolutely you can sit and enjoy a glass of wine on balcony. The new chairs have adjustable backs with ottomans. You could probably kick back and take a nap. ;)

Archived