"Reaching Platinum" question

Bibble

Because I didn't think I'd have a chance to ever get to Platinum before the new VIFP thing changed, I didn't pay much attention to the issues that were grandfathered in, etc.

I know a lot of you researched this inside & out, so I'm hoping someone has the answer, because when i called and asked, the voice at the other end of the phone surely didn't sound like she knew...

I recall that there were details about "if you already have 8 or 9 cruises sailed, and can do #10 before a certain date", you'll become platinum with #10.

My questions:

Did you have to have 8 or 9 already before the change occured, or is it just getting to #10 before a certain date?

And, what is that date?

I thank anyone who knows these details. I might try calling again, but I have such a hard time with patience when the person who is supposed to know talks in circles and sounds like she doesn't even believe herself.

Because I didn't think I'd have a chance to ever get to Platinum before the new VIFP thing changed, I didn't pay much attention to the issues that were grandfathered in, etc.

I know a lot of you researched this inside & out, so I'm hoping someone has the answer, because when i called and asked, the voice at the other end of the phone surely didn't sound like she knew...

I recall that there were details about "if you already have 8 or 9 cruises sailed, and can do #10 before a certain date", you'll become platinum with #10.

My questions:

Did you have to have 8 or 9 already before the change occured, or is it just getting to #10 before a certain date?

And, what is that date?

I thank anyone who knows these details. I might try calling again, but I have such a hard time with patience when the person who is supposed to know talks in circles and sounds like she doesn't even believe herself.

As long as you sail on #10 prior to 12/31/2013 you will be granted Platinum status on that sailing.

It does not matter how many you have right now.

Good Luck and enjoy!

My questions:

And, what is that date?

No, you don't have to have 8 or 9 cruises sailed in order to be grandfathered under the old program. The criteria is that you have to have 10 cruises sailed before December 31, 2013. You will become Platinum on your 10th cruise as long as it is before that date. If you miss the December 31, 2013 date, you won't be grandfathered and you will become Platinum on the cruise in which you reach 75 days. I currently have 7 sailed cruises with 4 more booked for between now and March 2013. I will become Platinum on the 3rd of those 4 cruises. I hope this explains it.

And if you get to 10 by the cutoff date you will be Platnium on cruise 10:)

Good luck! I just got there in Sept. Never really thought much of it but there are some really nice perks. I like the VIP check in and now I only have to bring two pair of underpants cause they will wash them for me!! LOL actually this was the first cruise where we came home with 95% of our clothes clean

The previous poster is correct. If you have 10 cruises with Carnival done by 12/21/2013 then you are "grandfathered in" under the old guidelines. I am in a similar situation. We are going on cruise #9 and #10 in December as part of a back-to-back on two different ships so I won't be Platinum for the first cruise but I will on the second cruise. I am super excited for Priority Embarkation

The previous poster is correct. If you have 10 cruises with Carnival done by 12/21/2013 then you are "grandfathered in" under the old guidelines. I am in a similar situation. We are going on cruise #9 and #10 in December as part of a back-to-back on two different ships so I won't be Platinum for the first cruise but I will on the second cruise. I am super excited for Priority Embarkation

Congrats! I know alot of people were upset over the so called downsizing of the perks, but for us (and soon to be you), it will be a nice upgrade!:)

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

I will be on #9 in January, so I'm really hoping to manage another by the end of 2013.

I thought I had read something about #8 or #9 being a factor, maybe that was an early misconception. I'm glad I had it wrong!

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

I will be on #9 in January, so I'm really hoping to manage another by the end of 2013.

I thought I had read something about #8 or #9 being a factor, maybe that was an early misconception. I'm glad I had it wrong!

Originally there was something in John Heald's blog about people who have 8 or 9 cruises being grandfathered. However when the new program was introduced it was made clear that the number of cruises already taken wasn't the critical factor, it was having your 10th cruise before 12/31/13. Glad it works for you!

Originally there was something in John Heald's blog about people who have 8 or 9 cruises being grandfathered. However when the new program was introduced it was made clear that the number of cruises already taken wasn't the critical factor, it was having your 10th cruise before 12/31/13. Glad it works for you!

Thank you - I was wondering where I heard something about 8 or 9 cruises...

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, you could do short cruises too (3day) and those should count towards your 10. We're also doing back to back in November so after that we need one more cruise!

Congrats! I know alot of people were upset over the so called downsizing of the perks, but for us (and soon to be you), it will be a nice upgrade!:)

That is all I want out of being VIP is the Priority Embarkation :D when the new VIFP program was introduced I was so upset but then the news of being "grandfathered in" was released and I was happy again

And if you get to 10 by the cutoff date you will be Platnium on cruise 10:)

Good luck! I just got there in Sept. Never really thought much of it but there are some really nice perks. I like the VIP check in and now I only have to bring two pair of underpants cause they will wash them for me!! LOL actually this was the first cruise where we came home with 95% of our clothes clean

I'll be diamond in 28 cruise days then I'll bring one pair of underwear. I'll wear them by day and they can wash them by night!

That is all I want out of being VIP is the Priority Embarkation :D

That's all I'm really looking forward to also! I'm one of those people that like to be on the ship as EARLY as I can. I do the happy dance right then & there when I get a Zone 1 card. I have no idea why, it's just one of those things that makes me very happy. :o

If I'm not mistaken, you could do short cruises too (3day) and those should count towards your 10. We're also doing back to back in November so after that we need one more cruise!

I'm sure I can manage "something" by the end of 2013 :)

i think that the new program starting next year does not take count of cruises. but to get to platium level you must have a total of 75 days to reach this goal

They have a "grandfather" clause that if you were already on your way, and you get in 10 by the end of next year, you will be platinum.

Archived