Castaway Cay Cabana Help

txbreakers

Just booked our family cruise for Aug 2013 and would like to book a cabana on Castaway Cay. Does anyone have a diagram of cabana locations on the family beach and any thoughts of which one is in the best location? I am considering cabana # 4, 9 or 8. But would like to find out the experiences of others. My party consists of ages 3 - 50.

Just booked our family cruise for Aug 2013 and would like to book a cabana on Castaway Cay. Does anyone have a diagram of cabana locations on the family beach and any thoughts of which one is in the best location? I am considering cabana # 4, 9 or 8. But would like to find out the experiences of others. My party consists of ages 3 - 50.

4 and 5 are in a perfect place, I had both of these in August, they are just in from the Cabana gate, but easy access for Cookies 2, and the Bike rental, and the shops at Pelican point stop.

The higher the number the further away you are from the facilites.

Lots of photos, ( and I really mean lots) of 4 and 5 ,in my blog, link in my signature line.

Also

Whats included:-

scan0009.jpg

scan0008.jpg

This is a Castway Cay map that Concerige wrote on with the important places and stops for tram etc for a Cabana.

scan0010.jpg

And one without.

scan0011.jpg

Lots more on my blog.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

i like the position of cabana #6, but i don't think you can go wrong with any of them..

Agree, you cant go wrong, -the higher the number the more private it is, but longer to walk to, or get there, 'taxi' service, 6 is a good location it was next to ours.

I just went for what was free,

4 first week

5 next week.

All Cabanas were gone in 5 mins at 120 days, so not a lot of time to make your decision, primary its to actually get one.

4 and 5 are in a perfect place, I had both of these in August, they are just in from the Cabana gate, but easy access for Cookies 2, and the Bike rental, and the shops at Pelican point stop.

The higher the number the further away you are from the facilites.

Lots of photos, ( and I really mean lots) of 4 and 5 ,in my blog, link in my signature line.

Also

Whats included:-

scan0009.jpg

scan0008.jpg

This is a Castway Cay map that Concerige wrote on with the important places and stops for tram etc for a Cabana.

scan0010.jpg

And one without.

scan0011.jpg

Lots more on my blog.

Great, thanks for the attachments. At least I have the resources now to make an informed decision. Let's just hope they'll be available when it's time for me to book.

Great, thanks for the attachments. At least I have the resources now to make an informed decision. Let's just hope they'll be available when it's time for me to book.

You have to book it very fast........

As said on two Fantasy cruises @ 120 days they all went in five minutes.

Concierge told me the waitlist was........

Over 500 Staterooms long.

That is definitely the plan, midnight I will be on the computer :D. I actually need to book two so I want to try to grab 4 & 5 or 8 & 9. The last two because I read on one of these boards they had great palm tree shades and the hammock was covered as well. Either two would be great.

That is definitely the plan, midnight I will be on the computer :D. I actually need to book two so I want to try to grab 4 & 5 or 8 & 9. The last two because I read on one of these boards they had great palm tree shades and the hammock was covered as well. Either two would be great.

Hammock on 4 has some shade.But not a lot...

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY426.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY444.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY470.jpg

Hammock on 5 has some shade

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY105.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY445.jpg

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Disney Fantasy, another question for you. Since I'm traveling with a 3 and a 4 year old which dining room option should I repeat? I was thinking Animator's Palace if this is the one when the turtle, can't remember his name, will come to the table and speak to the children.

Disney Fantasy, another question for you. Since I'm traveling with a 3 and a 4 year old which dining room option should I repeat? I was thinking Animator's Palace if this is the one when the turtle, can't remember his name, will come to the table and speak to the children.

Not DISNEY FANTASTY, but, Crush only visits on your first time in AP. The second time you're in there (Fantasy, right?) it's the Animation Show.

:)

On the Fantasy you will visit each of the MDRs twice, and one three times. (As long as you do not book Palo and Remy).

Now AP has two shows, the Crush show which is your FIRST visit to AP, and the Animation, draw and come to life show which 'could be' your second OR Third visit.

However on the Western you doulbe up two nights in a row in one MDR, so it could be your third visit when you hit the draw/annimation show.

An example of the WESTERN

RAERAAE

1st AP is Crush.

2nd AP is Pirates night menu

3rd AP Is the Animation come to life show.

Crush

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY208.jpg

Pirates

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY178.jpg

Animation.

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY357.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY0042.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY0082.jpg

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY0102.jpg

When you say which one to repeat, I am unsure of your question, you repeat all of them twice, and one three times.

I guess you may drop one for Palo and Remy, to do that, drop a MRD meal on either a port day, or Pirates night, but AP is unmissable, ( bar pirate night), the other two can be dropped, and you wouldnt miss too much.

Not DISNEY FANTASTY, but, Crush only visits on your first time in AP. The second time you're in there (Fantasy, right?) it's the Animation Show.

It is not guaranteed to be the second visit as per this post, -see my example above.

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

are you going on the Dream or the Fantasy?

i see that you're going to be cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in august 2013 - so you're doing two cruises? one on RCCL and one on DCL?

if you're sailing on the Dream, the restaurant that doubles is where you'll have pirate night - so it doesn't matter which restaurant you're in, they all have the same menu that night and if you're in animators, there is no crush show that night.

as for booking a cabana in August - it's highly unlikely you'll get one unless you're either sailing concierge or you're a platinum level frequent cruiser.

those two categories get to book 120 days before the cruise.

are you going on the Dream or the Fantasy?

i see that you're going to be cruising on the Oasis of the Seas in august 2013 - so you're doing two cruises? one on RCCL and one on DCL?

if you're sailing on the Dream, the restaurant that doubles is where you'll have pirate night - so it doesn't matter which restaurant you're in, they all have the same menu that night and if you're in animators, there is no crush show that night.

as for booking a cabana in August - it's highly unlikely you'll get one unless you're either sailing concierge or you're a platinum level frequent cruiser.

those two categories get to book 120 days before the cruise.

Yes, we're doing back to back. Oasis first, 4 day Disney Dream followed by 4 days at Disney World Resort. We're booked Cat T, so should be able to grab one of the cabanas.

We've sailed both Wonder and Magic so Pirates Night is not a big deal for us, so we'll probably dine at Palo's that night. If Crush appeared both nights we would go for the younger members of our party.

Edited by txbreakers

Yes, we're doing back to back. Oasis first, 4 day Disney Dream followed by 4 days at Disney World Resort. We're booked Cat T, so should be able to grab one of the cabanas.

We've sailed both Wonder and Magic so Pirates Night is not a big deal for us, so we'll probably dine at Palo's that night. If Crush appeared both nights we would go for the younger members of our party.

we'll be in a cat T in october..

ok...so you still need to get onto the website at midnight...

i was SHOCKED at how quickly the cabanas flew and i'm on a half empty cruise (or it was half empty before they started giving it away free to floridians)..

i logged onto the DCL website at about 30 seconds after midnight (i waited a few seconds to be sure i wouldn't be locked out)..

i was going for serenity bay so that's what i looked at first...2 of the cabanas had already been booked at only 30 seconds after midnight....

and of the family cabanas, when i first logged on, 6 cabanas had already been booked - in only 30 seconds....talk about quick on the draw!!!!!!

so what i'm saying is, even though you're concierge, you have to be FAST at midnight....don't think you can wait until morning (for the concierge team to do it)...you can't...you have to do it yourself at midnight....

we'll be in a cat T in october..

ok...so you still need to get onto the website at midnight...

i was SHOCKED at how quickly the cabanas flew and i'm on a half empty cruise (or it was half empty before they started giving it away free to floridians)..

i logged onto the DCL website at about 30 seconds after midnight (i waited a few seconds to be sure i wouldn't be locked out)..

i was going for serenity bay so that's what i looked at first...2 of the cabanas had already been booked at only 30 seconds after midnight....

and of the family cabanas, when i first logged on, 6 cabanas had already been booked - in only 30 seconds....talk about quick on the draw!!!!!!

so what i'm saying is, even though you're concierge, you have to be FAST at midnight....don't think you can wait until morning (for the concierge team to do it)...you can't...you have to do it yourself at midnight....

Good to know. This is exactly why I start research early. Now what is this about giving them away free to Floridians? Will really have a problem with that, because although we currently live out of state for work, we are residents of Florida as well. Either way, if free simply being a Florida resident should not be only criteria. Just my two cents.

Good to know. This is exactly why I start research early. Now what is this about giving them away free to Floridians? Will really have a problem with that, because although we currently live out of state for work, we are residents of Florida as well. Either way, if free simply being a Florida resident should not be only criteria. Just my two cents.

well that won't be the case for your cruise, since you're going at high season....

but this fall, they've had to really deeply discount in an attempt to fill up the Dream (not the fantasy, just the dream)...

i'm on the oct 21 four day dream cruise and they're giving it to floridians for basically the cost of the food...in fact, i think a couple would pay more to stay home than go on the cruise..

i have to go look at the rate again...ok...the rate for my cruise for florida residents is $85/night/guest for a category 5A...

so for a couple, the 4 night cruise will cost them $340 each or a total of $680 for the two of them - and that's in a verandah room....a category 5A...

and since there is a ton of concierge left on my cruise, these same florida residents can then get to the port and ask for a concierge upgrade, which will probably only cost a few hundred dollars more..

so there probably will be people in concierge who will have paid only $1,000 or so...and in a cat T for a total of $1500 or so... (and you know i'm paying a whole lot more than that)..

and yes, i do find that very irritating...

Edited by alaska_planner

Cat Ts are very very very nice, look at my blog for photos of 12012!!!!

Use concerige as much as you need.

• 1 year later...

We are treating ourselves and are doing concierge, so we had them snag us a cabana at midnight. pretty cool! i think we got the last one - # 21. Anyone been? also we arent going to do an alcohol package or anything. but just use the stuff thats there, sodas etc. Do we tip someone? and if so how much? thanks!

Would also like to know more about the Cabanas. We are staying in the suite with concierge and am thinking about a cabana but don't know much about them.

What do you want to know? Being concierge gives you a priority shot at booking one. They are on both the family and adult beaches, but if you have any kids, you can't take them to the adult beach. There is a section with the "official" details on DCL's web site. The prices vary slightly based on location.

Essentially, you have your own private paradise on your own section of beach (reserved just for those with Cabana wristbands). In the cabana is a safe and a refrigerator with cold beverages. Food is NOT served to the cabanas although you are welcome to go to the food outlets and bring it back to your "home away from home."

Your cabana host will meet you and show you the various amenities--showers, towels, snorkel equipment, etc. And most important, the button to press if you want him to appear. It is your little piece of heaven for the day. How you use it is up to you.

We got our cabana (and to the one who said they are staying concierge, if you are not at your 120 days, let them know, they send it by computer and its faster and you're more likely to actually get one. if it is past your 120 days they are probably booked). how do we get bikes and tip and such? i'm not so iinterested in the snorkels as the bikes. i didnt realize we had a section of beach - thats cool too!

We got our cabana (and to the one who said they are staying concierge, if you are not at your 120 days, let them know, they send it by computer and its faster and you're more likely to actually get one. if it is past your 120 days they are probably booked). how do we get bikes and tip and such? i'm not so iinterested in the snorkels as the bikes. i didnt realize we had a section of beach - thats cool too!

A cabana includes the snokel/bike/float package for each person. You do have to go to the bike place to get your bike (they can't know what size/type each person wants).

Tipping the cabana host is completely up to you. There is no suggested or recommended tip, but one is commonly given. You hand it to the host in cash at the end of the day--he will come by without being called to remind you of things like taking all items out of the safe. I'd base the tip on how many people you had in the cabana and what the host did for you.

OK, honestly, I'd put the tip somewhere between what a server gets ($4 per guest per day) and 10-15% of the cabana cost. A very common cabana tip is $50. But bottom line--up to you.