Castaway Cay Cabana Help

txbreakers

Can someone tell me where on the site the info is? Looked but can't find it

As far as I can tell, the only way to see what's included is to click on one of the cabanas when booking shore excursions at Castaway Cay. There's no place on the regular DCL site that lists them. This is for the cabanas on the Family beach:

Price includes up to 6 guests, additional $50 per person charges can be accommodated onboard up to a Maximum of 10 guests.

During your visit to Disney's Castaway Cay, bask in the luxury and privacy of a deluxe beach retreat along Family Beach. Each well-appointed cabana is furnished with comfortable seating, a beverage refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, plush towels and sunscreen. Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs, a freshwater shower, hammock and sailcloth shade are yours to enjoy amid spectacular offshore views. Fresh fruit and snacks are included along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks. Dedicated beverage service is provided and alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost. Additionally, each cabana includes use of snorkeling equipment, floats, sand toys, and one hour of bike rental.

To clarify a bit: only the cabanas on the Family Beach offer a private beach (hence the heftier price tag). The cabanas at Serenity Bay (adult beach) do not have their private stretch of beach.

Also, most times, cabanas hosts are the concierge staff on the ship. If you are concierge, don't worry about tipping your cabana host at the end of your CC day. Just factor that in to your concierge tip at the end of your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a cabana in Labadee and my 8 month old at the time didn't count against the capacity (we had 6 adults and 1 infant). This time around we'll have a 2.5 yr old. Would she count against the cap meaning we'd have to pay extra?

Thanks.

.... This time around we'll have a 2.5 yr old. Would she count against the cap meaning we'd have to pay extra? .....

Yes.

All humans and animals count in DCL's accounting system. Even those weird live/fake dolls DCL tries to charge, understandably.

Back on topic.

Are you expecting more than 6 pax, including said 2.5 y/o?

If so than yes. Everyone counts.

IOW, 6 pax allowed/included in FB Cabana cost. Each additional pax, $50 each, up to a max of 100 additional pax.

HTH

OK bear, don't get carried away.

My understanding is that all humans who are breathing air count regardless of age.

Service animals are not charged. Nor is the Castaway Cat.

DCL makes it's own rules and doesn't care what other cruise lines do on their islands.

Edited by moki'smommy

Yes.

All humans and animals count in DCL's accounting system. Even those weird live/fake dolls DCL tries to charge, understandably.

Back on topic.

Are you expecting more than 6 pax, including said 2.5 y/o?

If so than yes. Everyone counts.

IOW, 6 pax allowed/included in FB Cabana cost. Each additional pax, $50 each, up to a max of 100 additional pax.

HTH

That would be a maximum of 10 guests in each cabana.

OK bear' date=' don't get carried away.

My understanding is that all humans who are breathing air count regardless of age.

Service animals are not charged. Nor is the Castaway Cat.

DCL makes it's own rules and doesn't care what other cruise lines do on their islands.[/quote']

LOL! about the cat!

ex techie

I had a cabana in Labadee and my 8 month old at the time didn't count against the capacity (we had 6 adults and 1 infant). This time around we'll have a 2.5 yr old. Would she count against the cap meaning we'd have to pay extra?

Thanks.

Thanks folks. May have to pass on the cabana in Castaway. $50 for my kid and two other infants seems a little aggressive. That said; ppl must do it.

Under 3's do count towards the number of occupants in the cabana, but if you have more than 6 guests there is no charge for them. Ex: 4 adults, 2 15 yo's, and 2 1 yo's - total of 8 people but you would pay the set rate for the cabana and no additional charge for the under 3's.